Which actors would you have liked to see in Star Trek

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Hando, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mel Brooks! Definitely! He'd be hilarious! I imagine something like Master Yoghurt from Space Balls.

However then the Ferengi could get a bit uncomfortable... One of their inspirations was Shylock after all...

2. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have long wanted to see brothers James Arness and Peter Graves as a pair of old Klingon honor guards, who give their lives to protect the Supreme Commander. Pity this will never come to pass.

Another pairing would be Brian Keith and George Kennedy as another pair of old Klingons, this pair a couple of stereotypical old coots, sitting at Quark's bar and laughing it up. Would have been fun.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Adam West and Robert Conrad as a couple of Starfleet captains would have been sweet.

Ed Ames as a Vulcan or Romulan.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Countdown to "bifurcated" joke in 5...4...3... :lol:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5QC9ZJkM8[/yt]

5. TPT

TPT Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Regarding this, my wish actually came true. I always wanted to see John Cho in Star Trek, and I got my wish.:)

I hope that the upcoming Star Trek 3 will be a financial and creative success.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Me too. I'm really liking the idea of Bryan Cranston being in it. Whether as Kodos the Executioner or some other such villain. (Even though to me, he'll always be Buzz Aldrin!)

7. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's just as interesting to me who almost made it into STAR TREK, but for whatever reason never got cast, like Benicio Del Toro, for Into Darkness. Actually, truth be told, I'm very glad that he never got to play Khan, because he never seemed right for the part, to me. He'd still make for an interesting bad guy, down the line, though. In another example: Geneviève Bujold actually shot some of the pilot for VOYAGER, as Janeway, I've seen photos of her in full STAR TREK regalia. But you know who I would've loved to have seen star as The Good Captain in VOYAGER? Christina Applegate. She would've owned the role, I've no doubt of that. Way back in the day she was extremely photogenic and quite a good actress, as well. What a missed opportunity! Oh, well ... It wasn't in the cards.

8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Here's "Nicole Janeway" in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NANUpPaiGG8. She strikes me very much as a "female Picard" actually... I buy the "I've studied thousands of M-Class planets"-line more from Bujold than from Mulgrew. However Mulgrew is warmer when it comes to the part about the crew (while Bujold starts to sound like that scene about children between Picard and Riker in Enounter at Farpoint) I doubt we would have gotten "Mama Nic" (like Mama Kate) but that might actually have benefited the first female captain (it was a bit awkward that they made the first female captain the "Ship's mom")

Christina Applegate as Janeway? Captain Kelly Bundy? That would have been interesting...

9. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

gregory peck as a commodore or admiral.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

There were also a lot of actors who didn't make the cut to play Will Riker. Apparently Vaughn Armstrong (my favorite actor of all time) was one of them! No disrespect, but I think he'd have done better than Frakes. :)

11. 2takesfrakes

Thanks for the link! Yes, there she is, the almost-Janeway. Were I given final say on casting, Bujold would've never come up. I wouldn't have wanted a Female Picard. And I wouldn't have wanted the Ship's Mum, either, that we found in Kate's Janeway. Maybe someone other than Christina Applegate would've ended up with the part, but she definitely had The Look and there was no bad angle to shoot her from, at all. For years, she was very keen to show that she wasn't the airhead Kelly was and that she had a broad range and STAR TREK: Voyager should've been her shot.

Well, yes, alot of cool actors could've essayed the part of Riker, to start with, at least. In the very beginning, he was mostly there to make it with the most beautiful women of The Eighties -- what's to act? But what Frakes had that Armstrong and many others probably wouldn't have had was Gene Roddenberry's special interest.

I suspect it was because Frakes was so approachable, he doesn't seem to have walls around him and he very much wanted the part and took an interest in what GR's thoughts were on the character. And GR's views on Riker did change, after Season One, as he got to know Frakes better and decided, finally - rightly, I want to add - that more 'Frakes' should show in Riker, to the character's benefit. But would GR so groom Vaughn? That's an interesting question -- althought I'm guessing not. But who knows?

12. 2takesfrakes

I would also be glad to see Eva Green in an upcoming STAR TREK movie. I love French women; I cannot tell a lie. But Eva's exceptional beauty and talents demand that she at least be considered for a future role ...

[​IMG]

13. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Angela Bassett
    Viola Davis
    Erin Gray
    Laurence Fishburne

14. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

John Cusack as Bajoran resistance fighter being involved in an advanture with Chief O'Brien aka Colm Meaney. Con Air reloaded.

15. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

'They're fuelling their missiles, we don't have time to fuck around!' - Yeah I could see him as a grizzled old Crimson Tide style captain...

I could have so seen Vaughn in TNG, in fact, I'm surprised he wasn't really.

Nuff said. Things seem to have gone quiet on the Cranston front re ST3, but suffice to say I think he could fill a number of potential roles.

16. TheGoodStuff

TheGoodStuff Captain Captain

As a big Bill Murray fan, I smiled at this.

A snarky, disinterested, dour Q would have been hilarious. The clash of personalities between him and Stewart/Mulgrew would have been hysterical.

17. Kilana2

Is there any Q who is able to annoy Sisko?

18. TheGoodStuff

TheGoodStuff Captain Captain

Well, our Q managed to get punched in the face...I'd say that counted.

19. Kilana2

Then that's it: Sisko stuck on the Defiant together with John DeLancie Q, Keegan De Lancie Q Suzie Plakson Lady Q and Bill Murray Uncle Q as crew.

20. Kilana2

Eric Cantona as Bajoran Vedek with French accent.