Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool.
    For anyone who is interested in rewatching Season 2, Netflix will be adding it to their streaming service on the 30th.

3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 3 split season schedule announced:

tvline

I think that this is a good idea. I hate when a show is off for a month or so then they air just 2 or 3 episodes followed by another month of reruns. This way you know when it airs and when it doesn't.

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Yup, I like that. Much better than HBO's (and other higher-tier channels') model of 10-13 episodes per year - and that's it...

6. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really hate that schedule. Last show is on Dec 8th and then not back on till 3 months later? Just show the dam thing starting in January. Why I really hate network tv and why I watch so little tv now a days. Usually now I just wait for the season to be over and then download the whole season and watch them when I want.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that too. I hate it when they only show a few episodes then a bunch of repeats and then a few new ones and then a bunch of repeats over and over again for the whole season. At least this way while it's on, it's on every week.

8. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You'd have to convince the Academy to change the schedule of their awards show, one of THE most watched shows on the PLANET.

It's much easier to work around THEIR schedule...fans will stick around , just like we survive the summer break. Having each sub-season in a row helps keep viewers.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Academy Awards only takes place on one night. Not really sure how that causes a show to be off the air for 3 months.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season 2 is on Netflix now. I watched the first couple episodes earlier today.

11. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But the night it takes place is the end of February (which i do NOT think is very changeable)....makes it hard to schedule an entire season of uninterrupted episodes.

While that one interruption probably wouldn't be a big deal...the way ratings are nowadays, any little drop is harmful, at least for the big networks.

So we have the Fall Semester & Spring Semester schedule, which works just fine for me.

12. sojourner

Um, how would not airing one night cause a larger drop in ratings than a 3 month gap?

13. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The problem is from Jan to March many of us find other shows to watch and get into them so when Once Upon a time come back on we forget about it or so into the other shows we are watching that we just DVR them or in my case Download them later.

And time 3 months comes around I forget about what happened already.

I know a lot of shows are doing this, and they wonder why shows get cancelled.

14. sojourner

Yeah, that's the point I was making.

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

It's even worse for shows with short seasons and seven- or eight-month gaps between them. I can't believe that's good for ratings. At least OUAT has a "full" season.