College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 31, 2012.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Florida, you have got to be kidding me. Robbed every college football fan in the nation the joy of an upset. Blocked kick with 2 seconds left to go? Ugh.

2. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Is that the same Bama that just lost to Texas A&M 29-24? ;)

3. tighr

Ugh, I'm about to crawl into a hole.

Ridiculous. Three turnovers, including the first two INTs all season, and a fumble. Two of those turnovers IN THE FRICKIN REDZONE. They were doing everything they could to give this one away.

I still think they're the best team in the nation.

4. Neroon

They probably are, from top to bottom, on the field and on the sidelines.

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BWAHAHAHAHA!! :guffaw:

Sorry, just a moment....

HAHAHAHAHA!!! *sniff*

Okay, to explain, I root for three schools:
    #1 - Georgia Tech (I graduated from there)
    #2 - Auburn (My wife and father-in-law both have degrees from there)
    #3 - Texas A&M (I have many relatives that went there)

#2 also means that I frequently root against Alabama, especially since I'm living amongst many obnoxious Bama fans. That game tonight was just absolutely perfect from my POV - Bama getting taken down a few notches, and it being done by a team I have a personal stake in!

Gig 'em, Aggies! :techman:

6. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

And, seriously, WHO THE FUCK PUNTS WITH 2 SECONDS LEFT?!! JUST TAKE IT TO OT!!!

On a related topic, seeing as I'm from Knoxville, Tennessee and I was actually in attendance at the Missouri game on Saturday.... *ahem* ....WHO THE FUCK LETS THE LAST 40 SECONDS TICK AWAY WHEN YOU HAVE TWO TIMEOUTS AT YOUR DISPOSAL?! God, I hope we get a halfway decent coaching staff next year or the Vols are screwed. :brickwall:

7. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Dammit Oregon and K-State, wake the fuck up!

I wanna see the computer explode with 3 undefeated teams up for 2 spots in the big one.

My fear is another overrated SEC team making it in if the Ducks or 'Cats lose.

8. Neroon

Digits, I don't think I have ever seen a USC team with a defense having as much trouble as this year's. What gives? Injuries?

9. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Looks like ND will go to #1 with an sec team moving to 2 after Stanford pulls it out and Baylor beat K State like a red headed stepchild.

10. Neroon

Moreover, it looks as if Barkley's throwing shoulder was separated on that last sack. If true, then he's out for the game against ND next week.

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Overrated? Don't be jealous!

12. tighr

If the SEC teams are so overrated, why have the best the other conferences had to offer been so unsuccessful the past six seasons? Even the SEC's bowl record speaks for itself. Often, the 5th or 6th ranked team in the SEC gets matched against a #1 or #2 from the other conferences, and still wins.

The way to stop the SEC dominance is easy: Beat them in a big game.

13. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, and Texas A&M would probably all beat Notre Dame right now.

14. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

"SEC! SEC! SEC!" - baaaarf. Fuck Bama - always. Fuck Florida - always.

15. tighr

Its really fun going back and re-reading page one of this thread, knowing what we know now going into week 13 of CFB.

16. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Well, I was at the Star Trek Convention in San Francisco this weekend, so I didn't get to watch the game.

Basically, the defense is thin due to continuing scholarship reductions. They are also terribly undisciplined. They have extended a lot of opponent's drives with stupid penalties. They just don't have the talent or the schemes of the good old days. I would not be a bit surprised if USC doesn't tell Lane that Monte and Ed Orgeron have to go.

And yes, Barkley is out for the Notre Dame game. A sad way to end the regular season. USC will most likely finish 7-5, go to some crap bowl, and probably lose that too.

:scream:

17. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Georgia Tech is going to the ACC Championship Game!

Wait, WHAT?!??

18. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

The ACC is awful.

19. Caligula

So, instead of a BCS championship game with two teams who've never won the National Championship (and only one team who's even had a chance at winning one), we instead will (likely) get a BCS championship game between the two teams who've won more National Championships than anyone else.

Alabama and Notre Dame combine for 17 titles, and that's not counting the ones that weren't recognized by the AP or Coaches' polls!

20. Caligula

Reminds me of the NASCAR championship this weekend. The victor won because the other guy had to quit the race. In this case, Georgia Tech won the 3-way tiebreaker in their division because North Carolina is on probation and Miami self-imposed a bowl ban. Which is not to take anything away from the Yellow Jackets, but it would have made things more interesting if the competition weren't automatically eliminated from the conversation.