Star Trek: Phase II - "Kitumba" Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Loken, Nov 19, 2013.

1. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Yes, you can scroll down to the very bottom of the front page of the "Fan Productions" forum screen (well, all of the individual forum screens, for that matter), to find out who the TrekBBS moderation staff is for that forum.

In this case, there is just one moderator--Yours Truly. I regret and apologize that I haven't been able to help to squelch any forum craziness more promptly.

Folks obviously notice the logical incongruity between the goofy claim that "Phase II will never post here again" and the competing notion that "the Moderator is the Co-Executive Producer of Star Trek Phase II." I'm always mindful of the two different hats I wear, and I try to do justice to both of my two types of constituencies. Other than the obvious "please respond more promptly," I welcome feedback on my performance.

2. GSchnitzer

Oh look! My screen name comes up in green instead of white like everybody else's! I wonder why! ;)

I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that my posts are unrecognizable as moderation.

3. batboy853

batboy853 Captain Captain

oh duh, can't believe i missed that. I'm going to send you a PM rather than derail this topic.

4. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

5. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

A tweak to your clarifications - the Admiral Withrow scene is actually "they tell me you are well enough to go back to work, prove it to me". It includes some of a very long talky scene with Spock and McCoy from Shirley's original. I wrote it with Kirk being so flippant he was almost insubordinate "just let me get back to my ship already". James played it so heavy, however, I was shaking and crying by the time they yelled cut.

Which bears to what Greg also mentioned. I wrote this script to showcase James' incredible range as an actor - tailoring it specifically to him. So, with Brian taking over the role, I am rewriting the Kirk scenes to better fit Brian.

I only added two scenes to Shirley's story...the Admiral scene and one other, required to shorten the timeline to less than the 2 1/2 years Shirley originally wrote. I also included an element Shirley forgot about, and was rather annoyed she did when I pointed it out to her. Other than that, folks should recognize Shirley's story as intact...James' promise to her, and my promise to her family. (her grandson was slated to appear in the episode)

Here are the two scenes already released. One McCoy/Spock scene (which illustrates what Greg said) and a piece of the torture scene (with big chunks missing to remove extra spoilers)

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#960b00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzwNXLzu5Hw[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#960b00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLQL_dz2Gk

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

6. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank you both for the insight, Loken and GSchnitzer...back on topic: hope the concluding action to Kitumba is , as the kids say, off the hook... Lots of hand-to-hand human/klingon brawling, not to mention oodles of pretty starship battles...

The only thing I don't want is, no, repeat, NO submarine periscope attachments!!

7. alchemist

alchemist Captain Captain

I've found GSchnitzer to be one of the most knowledgeable, thoughtful, and even-handed moderators on TrekBBS. And in this forum, given the relatively small circle of folks who are producing Trek fan films, it must be especially difficult for him to have to moderate both his friends and his fellow Phase II teammates. I think he sets a nice, high bar.

8. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be unfortunate for most of us, if there were no new Phase II information posted on this forum.

9. batboy853

batboy853 Captain Captain

I fully agree!

and not to derail the topic again. he has a difficult job to do, but it seems lately, this forum has become flame war after flame war in every thread. This type of activity could potentially chase off new films from coming to the forum, or even getting off the ground. I think back to the topic from a month or two ago when a thread was started saying that James Cawley was going to do a new film with him as kirk, and then two people took out their torches, and then a few posts later the project was scrapped due to fire. And the people that started the fire continue to do so in every thread. from the "puppies and kittens" thread to the "this thread is fire proof" thread.

Its funny because on an unrelated to star trek forum, about sprint and their LTE updates, the mods there warn and ban people when any one says anything along the lines of "im frustrated with sprint and their slow speeds"

MY POINT is this forum needs to stop getting set on fire, and as he is a mod its time for him to start grabbing an extinguisher and possibly banning the people who consistently derail / troll here if they cannot behave.

10. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Amen.

11. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

hehe....you are in for a treat! Except, of course, there is only ONE "starship" in the Klingon Empire....so you'll be seeing a lot of OTHER pretty ships!

12. Akira8

Akira8 Ensign Newbie

Thank you for the updates Alec. I hope you'll reconsider adding additional Phase 2 updates in the future. There is a definitely a lot of hype surrounding Kitumba and everything else Phase 2 has in store!

13. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

Anyone know what happened to The Protracted Man which looked like it was suppose to be the Phase II version of the Kirk origin story? Or Bread and Savagery (which I thought was the first Brian Gross episode).

As much as I enjoy Phase II they aren't particularly good at keeping fans up-to-date on what the show is doing.

14. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

The Phase II crew does as much as time and circumstances allow when it comes to keeping everyone updated on their release dates. Sadly their attempts to issue interim updates or just interesting tidbits tend to somehow degenerate into nasty flame wars. Also production schedules and plans can change drastically because of the availability of cast and key production staff. Given that, it's a pleasant surprise to me that we get any information at all.

15. GSchnitzer

A number of production problems have arisen with "Origins" aka "Origins: The Protracted Man" aka "The Protracted Man." The "easiest" solution might be to reshoot just about all of the principal photography--which is what Director (and now also our Showrunner) David Gerrorld wants to do. We have a lot of plans on our agenda, with only limited windows of opportunity each year to accomplish them all. We'll see what old, outstanding and new, exciting things take priority.

"Bread and Savagery" still needs some complex exterior shots that we need to grab--something we didn't need for "The Holiest Thing." So we might (probably) will be able to actually finish "The Holiest Thing" before we get another opportunity to get the "Bread and Savagery" exteriors. (It will start getting pretty cold and snowy in Upstate New York soon.)

I will have renewed vigor in making sure the fan production forum doesn't degenerate into nasty flame wars. Anticipate polite, informative professionalism.

16. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

This is somewhat true for the Exeter crew as well, which is one reason we've basically stopped giving status updates.

17. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

It is quite cold already in upstate NY

18. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

BOOM! Thanks for that Greg.

I think I am just getting spoiled with Vic's series as they are constantly flooding my timeline with updates and the like.

Sorry to hear about the technical issues with Origins, what I was seeing looked really great. Can't wait for the first of the year! :bolian:

19. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I think that this is a good example of "you can't please everyone", because some people find such "flooding" an irritation and others can't get enough.

20. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I also think that aspects such as tone also have an effect. I know I'm always looking for more information on projects like Phase II, Exeter, and Ajax; while others may sometimes over-share.