Counterpoint

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Janeway’s Girl, Sep 4, 2014.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Great episode.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does this have something to do with Kashyk being a horsie and Janeway riding him?

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I think Janeway saw right through him from the beginning of the episode. They'd been going through the boarding inspections several times before we even join them.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Telekenetic handjobs.

5. teacake

I agree, but I think she was totally turned on by having to play him. Hence, the delightful tensions.

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Oh, I'm sure she enjoyed it in more than the professional cat and mouse chase. Some sophisticated flirting that she remotely thought might turn the guy to our side.

7. teacake

She only thought that because of starfleet brainwashing. It's sad.

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I got the impression it was similar to the rules against genetic augments in the Federation, only more extreme, actually imprisoning or killing them instead of just barring them from high profile positions.

They were afraid that telepaths would take over so they started rounding them up. Maybe there was some kind of 'Telepath war' in the past.

9. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Terrific videos! I came across Your Game, Pokerface, and Almost Had It All last night. Why did he have to be the bad guy? Why:wah: They were perfect for eachother! I'm off to watch the episode again and then write some happy fanfic. But first here are some more videos:)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAvZvlxAeY[/yt]http://

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYm6cQP_wQY[/yt]http://

10. teacake

He is too snotty and snobby for her. She prefers a more genial man, see Workforce and Mark and if you must, Chak.

11. Janeway’s Girl

That maybe so but they had great chemistry and were obviously attracted to one another. I know a bit about Workforce but that's far away from where I am. Looking forward to it! Mark was only in one episode and had a decent part in Mosaic. I liked him with Janeway a lot.

I've finally realized why I don't like J/C. I don't see any chemistry beyond friendship. The romance seems one-sided. Chakotay is obviously attracted to and has feelings for her. She doesn't seem to feel the same. In Resolutions she tells him, "I think there needs to be some parameters between us." To me, that's an "I'm not interested" statement.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

J/C makes a lot more sense than S/C.

They say opposites attract. I think a powerful woman would work well with a more boring, passive man.

13. Janeway’s Girl

I agree with you in reference to S/C but saying that a powerful woman would work well with a passive man is weird. Why can't both individuals be equals in power? I'm not talking about power based on what a person's profession is. More about personality. If the situation was in reverse it would be sexist.

14. Guy Gardener

It's not a question of who was more attracted to the other, it's a question of who was a better liar.

Kashyk was delusional to think that she would forgive him for being a monster, and she was an idiot to think he was that delusional.

I think it's a lost opportunity that she didn't say "Scorpion" when Voyager turned tables on her beau.

I keep thinking about Col. Hogan making out with Helga (klink's secretary.) in Hogans Heroes.

I don't get it.

She could wind up in a concentration camp for fraternization and he has to look at her swastika tramp stamp when they're doing it like dogs.

It's just such a bad idea.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  15. Janeway’s Girl

I guess I just live in a fairytale world where I want everyone to have a happy ending.

16. Guy Gardener

And I live in dirty, dirty world where I want every one to have a happy ending.

:wtf:

17. Janeway’s Girl

18. Guy Gardener

Between the scenes, I can see Janeway and B'Elanna drawing straws to see who has to seduce the spacefascist. Because seriously, what she did with him, looking for wormholes, was the Science Officers job, which since Voyager didn't have one of those, odd that, they had science officers, but not A Science Officer Department Head, since probably becuase 1/2 of Voyager's 17 departments were Science related... Where was I? The Chief Engineer had to have been the defacto Chief Science Officer on Voyager, and short straw has to pretend that she's weak at the knees for a sociopath.

19. teacake

The real question is would she (or DID SHE) have bedded him to save her people and those poor refugees?

20. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For 'genial', read "a pushover". ;)