Anyone watching Ray Donovan?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Data Holmes, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

What do you think? I'm back and forth, so far in that there are parts of the show I like and don't like. I think I might enjoy this show better in a binge viewing over the drawn out weekly form...

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't like the pilot.

Meh?

Had no idea what story they were telling.

He's a fixer, but no one knows that he's retarded because Ray is so non verbal?

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I must say I'm hooked. I loved the Borgias, but this pulled me in as well. I think the scene on the program with the buildings looks a lot like it's near Beverly and Laurel.

I stayed at this hotel once
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...aurel_Motor_Hotel-Los_Angeles_California.html

It is next to CBS studios. LAX isn't near anything.

It is within walking distance of the La Brea tar pits and the George Page museum (he used to narrate NATURE on PBS) Liev himself is the voice for FRONTLINE which amazes me.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I started watching it on Sky Atlantic (UK channel last week). I've only seen the pilot but unless there's a massive dive in quality (word is there isn't), I'm hooked and am there for the duration. Great cast, living the set up and dynamics. Schreiber has never been this good before and Voight is at his most magnificently malevolent.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

To me when I hear "fixer" I just think of Scandal and how this seems like a poor ripoff.

6. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Like the show so far minus the terrible Boston accents that seem to come and go randomly.

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

He is just pure Id.