Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras...

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by potablog, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Kamdan

Kamdan Commander Red Shirt

Maybe they can be uploaded to another site, like Blip or Vemo. It's not so much as Ellison, because there's plenty of his material that was on the Sci-Fi Channel that has hasn't been taken down.

2. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

This particular episode is exceptionally problematic though. It's the only reason I can think of why only that one would be pulled.

3. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just stumbled across a YouTube member who is uploading Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Star Trek TOS clips. His name is billotto51. He started uploading them recently and he's up to 9 so far. They are longer than the versions posted by potablog. Hopefully the guy has the full set and can ultimately post all of them. :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  4. Kamdan

KILLER! Hopefully, he'll put up The City on the Edge of Forever.

5. potablog

potablog Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey folks! Ling time, no see... ;)

As Gary7 said, yeah.. Life has been pretty busy and I haven't had a lot of time for APOTA. I hope to change that soon though... Starting today with some new Sci-Fi uploads!

First up, I have re-uploaded the "COTEOF" segment. I have changed the title in hopes of avoiding youtube's notice, but we'll see how it goes. If you haven't seen this segment, you may not want to wait too long to watch this one-

Star Trek The Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras- "The City On The Edge Of Forever"

...followed by "Friday's Child"!

Star Trek The Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras- "Friday's Child"

Enjoy!

potablog

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  6. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Thanks potablog.

7. potablog

8. potablog

9. TServo2049

TServo2049 Ensign Newbie

I'm a younger Trek fan (a couple months shy of 25), and this was my first real exposure to TOS. I'm so glad to see these again.

I remember that after Sci-Fi pulled the Special Editions, someone (apparently an SFC employee?) posted the scripts for the unaired Nimoy segments on the SciFi.com message board. They were then reposted to Nimoy.com - the site went down a long time ago, but luckily, it survives in its entirety on Archive.org.

One odd thing I noticed: The script for "The Tholian Web", as posted, has Nimoy mentioning that when the episode aired in November 1968, Richard Nixon had just been RE-elected, which is incorrect - Nixon was elected to his FIRST term in '68. I find it hard to believe that this was a mistake in the actual script, or the final filmed version. Maybe it was an error in the transcript?

Anyway, that's not all. I also probed the Internet Archive captures of the Sci-Fi message board itself, and found the script of the Nimoy segments for "The Cage," which somehow didn't get mirrored on that other site. Read them here.

I also backed up text files of all the scripts on my computer in case the Internet Archive backups ever disappear.

10. Kamdan

Good work, my friend. I would interested in acquiring those transcripts, since some of them aren't opening on the site you posted. I should add that someone on YouTube has been posting versions of the Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition segments of Leonard Nimoy from the third season. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/billotto51?feature=watch

11. TServo2049

TServo2049 Ensign Newbie

Actually, those are the Shatner versions of season 3.

But as for the Nimoy scripts, ask and ye shall receive.

12. Kamdan

Keep watching. Some of them have Nimoy's version right after Shatner's.

13. potablog

14. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I didn't see the extra features for "The Doomsday Machine," which include a couple great segments with William Windom. Did I overlook that?

15. Zarabeth

Zarabeth Ensign Newbie

I posted that quite a while ago to Youtube.

I have been trying for years to get the last 2/3 of season 3. I will gladly transfer and digitize these if anyone has VHS tapes. I realize many of the episodes I posted on Youtube are of low quality. Most are actually second generation tape copies, because back then I edited out the commercials of my tapes. I also saved the final cut recorded SLP or EP. So, the low quality of the video is due to the tape process.

I unfortunately had to work out of town a lot and would miss several episodes in a row because of the limitations of tape - you could only set a timer to get 6 hours which was 4 episodes.

16. Zarabeth

Zarabeth Ensign Newbie

Harlan Ellison is aggressive about copyright enforcement. If you are interested I can set up a private video for you.

17. Zarabeth

Zarabeth Ensign Newbie

When I post a SciFi Channel Special Edition on youtube, if I have all the parts I do it in this order:

Episode Trailer
    Introduction by George Takei, Walter Koenig, or Jimmy Doohan
    Comments by William Shatner
    Comments by Leonard Nimoy

Other features such as "Insights"

More features and fillers

I have posted as many as I could that were not already posted by POTA, Mr. Atoz, or 47MHz Fan (who was later banned.)

I am completely missing the following episodes:
    63 3x12 - Star Trek - TOS - The Empath
    67 3x10 - Star Trek - TOS - Plato's Stepchildren
    68 3x11 - Star Trek - TOS - Wink of an Eye
    70 3x15 - Star Trek - TOS - Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
    72 3x16 - Star Trek - TOS - The Mark of Gideon
    73 3x18 - Star Trek - TOS - The Lights of Zetar
    74 3x21 - Star Trek - TOS - The Cloud Minders
    75 3x20 - Star Trek - TOS - The Way to Eden
    78 3x23 - Star Trek - TOS - All Our Yesterdays

And I only have a part of this one:
    69 3x17 - Star Trek - TOS - That Which Survives

So I would gladly transfer any of these to DVD and video and post on Youtube if anyone makes them available to me.

Zb

18. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain