Photonic Cannon!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Taylirious, Sep 6, 2014.

1. JeffinOakland

JeffinOakland Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh, my bad. I read that as "Platonic Cannon". It renders everyone as just friends and nothing more.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I keep wanting to correct it to say "canon". That's what happens when you spend too long here.

3. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Too bad we can't dip Voyager in some hot oil then....:devil:

Fried ice cream. Now how exactly does that work?

4. teacake

It's covered in a kind of sweet skin, crunchy uncooked wrapper thing and then you fry it in very hot oil. Skin cooks very fast, ice cram inside is still solid. Or sometimes the ice cream ball is breaded to the same effect. Often served with a lemon sauce or whatever you like.

5. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Okay, there's a wrapper involved. That does make a world of difference.

6. RainKing

RainKing Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's the one that was fired at me during my first 25 years.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The military examined something similar.

8. JeffinOakland

JeffinOakland Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

awesome...you can't make this stuff up

9. teacake

Oh believe me, he can.

10. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

11. teacake

Thank god I thought it was a reference to that abomination TATV.

12. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

I don't think anyone had an ultimate weapon. Besides various types of massive disruptors there was little the immaginative writers came-up with for the general public. They were just bolts that were meant to explode or explode any first object in its path. They were all challenging for Voyager's shields but not so much so that they were penetrated. What the doctor is saying in 'Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy' is Voyager had a penultimate weapon which was unheard of.
    Of course, I'm saying this because of how many enounters Voyager had where they would be called to fight. A penultimate weapon would be astounding.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the delta quadrant against every that didn't know what transporters where, there had the penultimate (dude, penultimate means the second most awesome, not the most awesome.) either they transport a torpedo into the ship, or they transport the warp core out of the enemy.

That wouldn't mean that they would would be dead in space. that would mean that the matter and antimatter injectors would be colliding antimatter with matter in bare space that isn't a warp core and the kazon would get a sun burn through their soul.

14. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just had real-deal key lime pie last week for the first time ever. The real stuff, made with condensed milk and no sugar (the sweetness comes from the milk). I'm still having dreams about it. Not kidding. Was in Florida. Back in NJ, now :(

I wonder how that would be battered and deep fried? Hard to believe it can improve on it. A spoonful of that pie is already like being in heaven on earth.

15. teacake

I have never had the real deal of that. Had the packet one Jello does and had fake aus ones with zero lime flavour. Watch out for sweetened condensed milk, it is addictive you can end up with it as your sugar of choice and be mainlining the stuff. It's particularly insidious when made with coffee, first time you are thinking "my god this is the greatest coffee I have ever had" and then you are fantasizing about getting it again as soon as possible.

16. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well TC, if you ever have the opportunity to try the real thing, seize it, it's just unbelievable. And I'm not much of a sweet eater.

I am a coffee drinker alright--just ordered 5 lb from coffee am, including some Jamaica Blue Mountain (I really, really wanted the Panama Honey-prep, which doesn't have honey or any sweeteners added, the sweetness comes from the way the bean is roasted, but they were out). I don't usually add any sugar to my coffee but I think I just might try the condensed thing. It sounds like one of those special matches you just have to try. :techman:

Gosh we are so off topic. But, hey, there's coffee here. :p

17. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One might think so, but what then of the eternally vexing question of why they had those devilish tricobalt devices in their quiver?

18. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Rogue asteroid demolition.

19. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

In defense of In the Flesh, I see 8472's behavior in Scorpion as more a Minbari situation. Not exactly, but in the same category of 'Excessive retaliation'. The Borg attacked them, humans developed a weapon that could destroy them. From 8472's perspective at that point: Two arms, two legs? EXTINCTION THREAT!

In attack of In The Flesh, having them build a Soviet style Earth city and pose as humans was ridiculous and didn't make sense for them at all.

20. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

It was another example of the writers taking a superior enemy and effectively declawing it by giving it human characteristics, because they couldn't figure out how to maintain drama with it. Same as what happened to the Borg in TNG. The Vidiians were emasculated in their very first episode, when they started describing what their society had been like before the phage. They stopped being a genuine threat because they became pitiable.