Once Upon A Time Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

The clincher for me was the end. Pan told that Emma that Henry would hate her by the time she found him or something to that effect. I found that chilling. Henry has always been loving and accepting of her. What will that do to her if his love and acceptance is ripped away?

2. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Is anyone going to do a "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" thread?

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

5. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Are they gonna have a fairytale-themed wedding? :ouch:

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They might. She was on Craig Ferguson's show last night talking about how all verklempt she was visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida. The geek is strong in this one.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here. Sorry about that, I haven't been on the boards since it aired.

8. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Whoa! All I can say about tonight's episode is, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

I absolutely loved the relationship dynamic concerning Regina and Tinker Bell's past. Regina thought Tinker interfered with her life while Regina ruined Tinker's. At the end, I'm like, "Whoa! That guy could've been Regina's lover."

Facebook imploded with Mulan's implied sexual orientation. Some say that her feelings were directed toward Phillip, while I can see it's open to interpretation.

9. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, it was made pretty crystal clear where they were going with that scene. Mulan even said flat-out that she came to talk to Aurora, not Phillip.

10. Gryffindorian

If that's the case, then that's a gutsy move by the show writers and by ABC. I mean I personally don't see any problems with a same-sex relationship theme on TV, but on the other hand, OUAT is a family-friendly show that young kids and parents alike watch together. Some might perceive the episode as a bit political or controversial, and I'm not just talking about the homophobes and religious extremists.

Edit: By the way, I've always seen Mulan as a bit of a tomboy.

11. DigificWriter

Adam and Eddy have been very open about wanting to introduce a homosexual character/relationship into the show for quite a while now (at least as far back as the middle of last season), so what they did tonight is something they've been thinking about doing for a while, at least in a general sense.

I don't know when they decided that Mulan was the character that was going to be gay and that she was going to try and confess her attraction to Aurora, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they made that decision months ago and were just waiting for the opportunity to pull the trigger on this story.

12. Gryffindorian

It would be fascinating to see what's to become of her character. Now let's say they decided to make her bisexual. She could still get it on with Robin Hood and have a happy ending. :)

13. DigificWriter

^ They're most probably going to give us a present-day Robin/Regina love story after what they set up tonight, what with him being the man that Tink's pilfered pixie dust identified as being her (Regina's) soulmate and all.

14. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

That implication from the Mulan/Aurora scene is... umm... I'm pretty sure that goes against what was implied about Mulan last season, when she seemed to be harboring an unrequited thing for Phillip and took care of Aurora out of a sense of loyalty to him.

I mean, whatever, it worked for Willow and Tara well enough eventually, the Sudden Sexuality Switch is just always a bit odd (although maybe she's bi? Yeah, that's the ticket).

Excellent episode, I like their version of Tink and the relationship she had with Regina. It'll be interesting to see if Henry does turn, albeit temporarily, against his family.

15. DigificWriter

Not really.

16. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Why would the shadow still be hunting for little boys if Pan has Henry? More recruits for the lost boys? Another believer to fuel magic?

17. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is probably a constant need to replentish the ranks of the lost boys. Neverland is a very inhospitable place, and while those who live there appear long-lived, death happens. And I am sure there are fewer and fewer chances to find recruits, so the shadows take who they can.

I am going to assume that Mulan and Robin will continue to be part of the story going forward. Will Roland call out for the shadow again, causing them to follow the boy to Neverland?

I also think Peter has misread things with Henry. Yes, he may harbor some subconscious resentment towards Emma, but not towards Neal. He knows his father only learned of him recently, and has tried to be a part of his life since learning. And Regina, even though she is evil, loves him and has tried to be a good mother to him, when 'abandoned' by Emma.

Those relationships should be able to trump any ill feelings Henry holds towards Emma.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Not sure how I feel about the Mulan/Aurora thing. I mean I have zero problem with there being openly gay characters on the show, but I do question their choice of character.

Maybe I'm just being very cynical, but I can't shake the feeling that they went with Mulan specifically because her backstory is that of a woman pretending to be a man. I guess it just feels a tad on the nose.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, there was nothing ambiguous there. Just look at how that final farewell scene was staged. Heart breaking, Mulan walks away from Aurora. If they had wanted to suggest that Mulan was in love in with Philip, and was losing her true love, they would have staged it so that she was walking away from him.

Instead, they didn't even bother to include him in the scene, which clearly indicates that it was all about the two women . . . .

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

When I heard Robin's child was named Roland, I immediately thought of Childe Rowland/Roland.