ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. brandomack

brandomack Lieutenant Red Shirt

sure, but you have to bring dessert:p

2. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello everybody!

I uhm...kinda...introduced myself in the General Trek Discussion forum and now I see there's also this thread soooo....somewhat confused...but nevermind...I tend to embarrass myself a lot. :D

Anyhow! Enterprise-my favourite series. Had a quite rough obsession period with Archer and...uhm...T'Pol. *blush*

Hope to make myself comfortable here. If you'll have me, of course. *puppy eyes*

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  3. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome!

Nothing wrong with a little obsession. ;)

4. Hathaway Brown

Hathaway Brown Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thought I should stop by and say hello here.

As you can probably guess, by posting in this subforum I'm a fan of Enterprise. Having watched all series from their first airings (except the original - never seen it!), I can safely say that it is my favourite.

Umm.. guess that's it, don't know what else to say! :D

5. star

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay.

And I would suggest that you rent the TOS dvd's and get a well-rounded Trek experience. ;)

I do love ENT better than the 24th Century Treks (TNG, DS9 & VOY) (though I am a huge TNG fan), more because of the "frontier-ness" of the show. I like that they make mistakes, that they're feeling their way around the universe and that they don't rely heavily on the computer. And I love the characters.

But TOS is all kinds of win in my book. It's as much "must see" as the rest of the series -- if not more, since it is the show that started it all!

6. Hathaway Brown

I actually did look for TOS on TV last night, then remembered that SciFi lost the rights to CBS Drama and that's not carried by my cable provider! :scream:

I do remember watching the Animated series during summer vacation back in the mid-90's - does that count? ;)

And I completely agree with the frontier comment. I've just caught a few minutes of an episode of Voyager and they're so pampered by comparison. All they have to do is ask the computer to do something. At least on the NX they're more hands on. :)

7. star

I don't know how fast your internet connection is, but you can catch most of the TOS episodes on hulu.com, here. ;) There's always a way to watch Trek.

And yes, I just started DS9 myself (the only series that I haven't watched in completion) and I was startled by how much they rely on technology (particularly the computer.) That's when I realized that I liked that ENT is much more hands-on, and -- in the third season especially -- gritty.

8. Hathaway Brown

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I get "back from whence ye came" aka "not available in your geographic region" ;) Thanks anyway - I appreciate it.

Looking from an Enterprise era view of 24th Century Trek it reminds me of the kid in the Cafe '80's in Back to the Future: "You mean you have to use your hands?"

9. Lt_Rowy

Lt_Rowy Commander Red Shirt

Hi I am a fan of enterprise! Just finished watching the series and LOVED it!! I would watch it all over again!! I am also deeply infatuated by Connor Trineer (Trip) and would share a shuttlepod anytime with him!! :alienblush:
    Live well and prosper!! ;)

10. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Welcome, all ye Enterprise fans. :) Glad to have you here.

11. star

Another THUG! Woohoo!!! Welcome. :D

12. Lt_Rowy

Lt_Rowy Commander Red Shirt

Anytime! I have posted in the THUG thread!! I love Trip and would love it if he came to Australia!!

13. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Always good to welcome a new fan of ENT. :techman:

14. Mr.AtoZ

Mr.AtoZ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I really tried to stay away from Enterprise, as I didn't believe it could hold up well to the legacy, nor give proper respect for the original series. As I had feared, the violations to the ground work laid out in Captain Kirk's day were plenty. The Next Generation and Deep Space 9 were very abiding so it was quite a disappointment for me hearing what Enterprise had done. Encountering the Borg and surviving with a vastly inferior ship to the NCC-1701D?

As you can probably tell I'm an original series fussbudget. However I am setting aside my prejudice and giving Enterprise a try. I have not enjoyed the first season very much but it does appear to improve as time goes on. There are some very likable characters and certainly the special FX are well done. It is too bad it ends so badly but I will try to ride it through. From what I have read the third season is generally taken as the best. I look forward to it.

15. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

^ The third season is quite good. But for my money, the fourth is the best.

16. star

I can't choose between the 3rd and 4th season for "best." They are so different. I think, however, as a TOS fan, you might enjoy the 4th season the best. ;)

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I find I rewatch the fourth season a lot. So many three part episodes, better than watching a movie. With the third season I don't like to jump around, it's too much one story.

18. PikeFan

PikeFan Commander Red Shirt

I didn't like ENT at first, but now I love it!

Hi! *waves*

19. star

*waves back* Welcome. :D

20. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Welcome to our new Enterprise fans, and those giving the show a go. :techman: Enjoy the forum, and let us know what you think.