Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Why are so many, so panicked that Disney will rap all over the Franchise?

The Prequel Trilogy, had alot of issues, so, not a major loss there, taking the Franchise out ofthose hands. Star Wars Movie have always been pretty Disney Friendly, they've done alright by Pixar and Marvel CMU.

What exactly is the specific fear of Disney owning Star Wars?

2. Ricardus

Ricardus Ensign Newbie

I hope they hire Williams. He's brilliant.

I doubt he has ANY say in what music they use in the future releases. He was paid to compose. I doubt he retains any actual ownership of the intellectual property. It's possibly Lucas might have given him some of the publishing, but I doubt it.

I think ownership of the music would move to Disney and they would be free to do with it what they wanted.

3. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SW fans shouldn't complain. They finally got their wish. George Lucas isn't using Jar Jar to rape their childhoods. Now they'll be abused by a mindless, heartless, soulless corporation. Welcome to the world of Trek.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

True, but shouldn't the words "no more George" balance things out? :p

Honestly, when I first read about this I honestly thought it was the latest (or earliest?) April Fools joke in history. Can't say as I'm too worried about the supposed new film/trilogy as it can hardly be as lacklustre as the prequels. I mean, yes, Disney is pretty much pure evil these days, but they seem to be able to put out some good live action films...so long as they're not directly involved in the creative side of course.

Wouldn't care to guess what the film will be about, but I'd bet serious money it *won't* have anything to do with the EU. Having said that, wasn't it Lucas's plan at some stage to set the sequel trilogy some 40-odd years post RotJ with Luke in the Yoda/Kenobi mentor role to a bunch of new Jedi he's trained? No idea what the actual plot could be, but I just hope it's not something as predicable as his prize student/son falling to the dark side...

5. Sindatur

Nah, those of us who enjoyed the new Trek Movie don't apologize for the movie, we apologize for the bashers

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Meh, I don't feel that bad about this. Mostly because I know how it is with tie-in books.

7. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Google Stockholm syndrome :evil:

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I imagine they'll retain John Williams for Episodes VII-IX provided the man is still alive and kicking and can contribute new compositions to the Saga.

9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Is Mike glad Lucas is out, or should he be held on suicide watch now?

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

They give credit where it's due

"Music by James Horner"

"Original theme composed by John Williams"

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

And I know precisely how you know, Stoklasa.

12. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

My brother had an interesting thought about this. Considering how Joss Whedon is chums with Disney, this might open the possibility of him being involved in future Star Wars movies. Think about it: Star Wars written by Joss Whedon.

Hmm, also, maybe Pixar Star Wars? Not necessarily a full blown movie. Maybe some shorts.

13. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Episode 7: The Reign of Jar Jar. Fear! The galaxy is in disarray. The Empire has fallen into Civil War. The Rebellion, now calling itself the New Republic is unable to keep order. Factions have arisen. The Trade Federation's Droid Army has been reactivated. Imperial forces once loyal to Emperor Palpatine have pledged their allegiance to the highest bidder. Senator Jar Jar Binks, having been elected Chancellor by a small majority in the newly formed Republican Senate following the destruction of the Death Star II, has seized power and rules with an iron fist. On the planet below, Luke and Leia are training the next generation of Jedi. Elsewhere, Han shoots first...

14. cooleddie74

Good luck roping Harrison Ford into playing Han Solo again. He's said repeatedly over the years that Solo was a fun gig for him and he's grateful that it made him a star, but wasn't a meaty role with the kind of depth and backstory he likes and prefers in his characters. That doesn't mean that Disney and Lucasfilm can't dangle an enormous, record-breaking paycheck in front of him to make him change his mind, but as of right now I don't think Harrison is interested in reviving Han Solo as a much older, grouchier former Rebel griping to Chewie in the New Republic.

15. Sindatur

I know what Stockholm Syndrome is, but, I don't get what you'e saying?

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

^
    New Indiana Jones movie or cartoon in the future now?

What's wrong Disney? "Avenger's" didn't make enough money for you?
    [​IMG]

Good grief. The rich get richer.

17. Ubik

Ubik Commodore Commodore

Guys, this is fantastic news. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones sucked majorly, and Revenge of the Sith was better but not great. Handing the movies onto a new director and script writer can only improve things, or keep them about where they are now. It can't make things worse.

Disney is no "more" of a corporation than Lucasfilm or 20th Century Fox, so nothing has changed there. All Disney has to do is hire the right writer and director, and we may conceivably get a Star Wars movie better than anything we've seen since the early 80's. At worst, it's mindless CGI-filled crap, which is all we've gotten from that franchise in the last decade or so anyway.

18. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Search your feelings... you know it to be true!

19. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I disagree. Your childhood just became more powerful than you could possibly imagine. :angel:

20. cooleddie74

^
    This. +1.