The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

That doesn't automatically mean "kill". The fact that you have a fever means your immune system is trying to fight it off. It's entirely possible that someone could survive under the right circumstances.

Assuming, of course, they were suffering a zombie bite and not just food poisoning. :devil:

2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I kept wondering how the zombies got to Jimmy - I was so tense and it did not all register. I will rewatch tonight.

It all did make him seem quite the dolt. But in his defense Jimmy never really had to deal did he? He was on that farm in Herschel's insular little bubble. Plus, I figured that Randall and Patricia would bite it or get bit in this case. So his death registered but I did not really analyze it.

Of the farm crowd I thought that Maggie had the best shot of making it out alive for Glenn's sake. I was suprised that Herschel and Beth survived.

I also felt that T-Dawg would be a goner. Of the main cast he is the least developed.

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

4. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

you know after they meet at the sophia spot then start driving till they run out of gas? did they mention where they were going?

heading to the coast is actually not a bad idea. The zombies have one less direction to come at you from. If they could find a large barge or even an island, clear it of zombies, and live there it would be pretty safe. Though a prison works too. As long as you were sure all the actual inmates were gone.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I figured Jimmy, Patricia and beth were all toast, surprised they let Beth survive, but, maybe they plan to do something with her next season.

Herschell, I saw it as a possibility he might die, but, I felt with Dale gone, there was an older wisdom role left empty, so I was hoping they let him survive.

T-Dawg, yea, they've done almost nothing with him through 19 episodes (What, has he had, about 20 lines total, I think?), so, I'm surprised he survived

6. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

T-Dog can't die until Merle gets his revenge for dropping the keys.

7. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

While it's a different zombie anthology in the book and upcoming film World War Z after the zombie apocalypse and as world governments start to deal with the problem, the one problem remaining is zombie's wandering the ocean floor.

Freaky thought.

edited to add: speaking of World War Z, I didn't realize that JMS is writing. I dunno if that bods well or good for the film.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  8. Sindatur

Heh, I especially like "Lori Grimes - Making the Zombie Apocalypse Harder than it has to" and "Keep Your Boy Close, You Don't Ever Let Him Outta your sight. LOL, No"

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Clearly JMS can do no wrong. :D

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Of course, the problem with the 'head for the coast" plan is that in MOST areas, that's by far the largest population density. Zombie central once the virus hits. Nice quiet little rural areas are where you wanna be, away from other people/former people. Unless you've got a boat (preferably sailboat) you can hang out on until you find a nice empty island...

11. Sindatur

I believe they weren't happy with his script, it wasn't "commercial" enough, so, it's been/being rewritten (Though I don't know to what degree). I believe the actual complaint was he was too true to the source material, which wouldn't be commercial enough.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I have little faith in the WWZ movie based on what I've heard of the changes to the story. While it may be a good zombie apocalypse movie, it won't be WWZ.

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This one=:lol:

14. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

15. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Yes, but it also makes sense that Rick didn't keep it a secret because it shows just how much the guilt of it is tearing him up. He shouldn't feel guilty because Shane left him little choice, but Rick isn't "The Walking Dead." He still feels. He's still very much human and thus he had a desperate need to confess. Lori wanted to hear that Rick hadn't killed Shane, and Rick (desperately) wanted to hear Lori say she still loved him and understood. Rick didn't hear what he wanted to hear either and that's when he lost it. I find that significant. The group bitching about him not telling them about the virus didn't break the dromedary's back. Lori's rejection and pulling away from him did. Two days later after much thought and contemplation.....Lori's still a JERK. :scream:

EDIT--Kudos to whomever created the "crisis arises eye fucks the camera" meme of Andrew Lincoln. It was choice. :evil:

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I was referring to the "well or good" comment. :D

It would make a better series than a movie. I don't see how they can condense it that much.

17. Min Zife

Min Zife Lieutenant Junior Grade

18. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think there planning three films but this one is costing more than $125 million to make so if doesn't do very well as the box office that ain't going to happen.

19. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Oh the things you think about when falling asleep. :guffaw:

I was in bed last night thinking why don't they look for a lake with an island in the center? The zombies can't swim and you would be relatively safe. Or just get a boat and drop anchor. Sure you would have to leave and forage for supplies but you could possibly get a some rest.

Loved this one BTW -
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  20. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know about islands: Zombi 2, World War Z, and the Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy are all pretty clear about the dangers of underwater zombies. Then again, Well Zombie this season wasn't too scary, I guess.