The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

The "lost line" wave showed up at TRU. Grabbed Vader and Leia. Coolness.

2. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh man...this thread made me smile.

I need to take pictures of my stuff.

I have wrestling figures, Batman figures, Jessica Rabbit, Jimmy Page, Roddy Piper, Chun Li, Mai Shiranui, Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Saturn, X-Men figures....enough stuff to have to take a few pics of because they wont all fit in one /proud

3. OdoWanKenobi

Do it! We all love seeing each other's stuff. :techman:

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Yep, take some pics...we'd love to see your collection! And congrats on finding the new Lost Line wave, OdoWan. You picked two of the three best out of that one. Did they have the others?

5. OdoWanKenobi

They had all but the Sandtrooper. Not surprising, since that's the army builder. I'm strictly OT and EU these days, though. No real desire for Jar-Jar or another Clone trooper.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first time we've ever gotten a ROTJ Vader with the severed hand. It's a nice touch, and automatically makes this better than the POTJ Emperor's Wrath Vader (which I always thought was a great figure.)

6. cooleddie74

That Sandtrooper's gonna be tough to come by, especially in the non-Lost Line packaging with the blue sky and desert backdrop. I hope you can get your hands on a couple of him...he's excellent. Much better than the first Vintage Collection Sandtrooper from last year.

7. OdoWanKenobi

He looks good from the pics I've seen. With my luck lately, I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has anyone been able to get Movie Masters Ra's al Ghul other than on ebay yet?

9. cooleddie74

Oh, I don't think I posted a report about it a few days ago, but I did manage to find the brand new, TRU-exclusive Ewok and Yavin Pilot multipacks and got one of each. I want another Ewok Pack so I can have some loose copies of the excellent new Ewoks inside(loose Kneesaa...squeeeee!)but right now there aren't any extra Ewoks on the shelf until they restock.

The Pilots are cool...we do get a brand new, really great Jek Porkins after almost 12 years...but they're mostly same-old, same-old if colorful. An R5 astro droid, a few orange pilots and another Imperial TIE Pilot with a few minor changes to make him just different enough to drive you mad. The Ewoks, however, are a box full of fun plastic awesomeness where it's hard to tell for the most part that they're generally just repainted and recycled parts from older Ewoks. They're done so skillfully and with such personality that you think every one of them is brand spankin' new from the head down to the toes.

10. OdoWanKenobi

He's been popping up on Amazon. He sells out quickly every time, though. The best I can say is keep your eyes peeled.

11. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

All three of my little archers have met- Hawkeye, Legolas Ken, and Katniss Barbie!

[​IMG]

:lol:

12. OdoWanKenobi

^You just need a Princess Merida, and your awesome archer group would be complete.

So here's my Avengers. With a comic stand in for Black Widow, since apparently Hasbro doesn't think people want to buy her. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

13. cooleddie74

Great new pics, guys...keep 'em coming if you can!

14. Kira's Mom

It really sucks that there won't be a Select Black Widow. :( Fail, Hasbro. Fail.

15. cooleddie74

Any Star Wars fans here been interested in collecting the Jumbo Vintage Kenner figures from Gentle Giant? The Jumbo Lando just went up for order and the Jumbo Gamorrean Guard has just been announced, the first one to come with a replica of the original 1985 Power of the Force collector's coin.

16. OdoWanKenobi

Diamond Select does the Marvel Select figures, not Hasbro. The ones in my picture are Hasbro's figures. They're a Wal-Mart exclusive line in scale with Marvel Legends. I'm still holding out hope that since these are selling like crazy, and all of the Wal-Marts are stocking them now that we may see another wave with a Black Widow, a Mark VII Armor, and maybe a Chitauri. I'm not getting my hopes up for something like Coulson, though, awesome as that would be.

It does really suck that Diamond won't make a Black Widow, either Otherwise I would definitely use her in absence of a Hasbro one. The scale would be a little off, since the Select figures are taller, but I could make it work. Oh well, comic Black Widow will just have to suffice.

17. Kira's Mom

Oops, my bad. But it sucks that neither have a Black Widow planned. :scream:

18. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

^ I have to admit, while I was in my local TrU recently I was actually tempted by the Katniss Barbie. They're not usually my thing, but I have to say the figure looked good. :lol:

19. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

what line is that Black Widow from OdoWanKenobi?

20. OdoWanKenobi

It's a Marvel Legends figure. It was from the wave of two-packs that came out at the very end of the original line. It's also absolutely one of the best figures Hasbro ever made for the line. Just perfect in nearly every way.