Katy Perry: Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Praetor, Mar 14, 2009.

?

What do you think of Katy Perry?

1. I hate/dislike her.

22.5%
  2. She's okay.

36.3%
  3. I love/like her.

28.4%
  4. Who?

12.7%
  1. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I heard her sing live on some TV show and couldn't believe how bad she was. Simply walking across the stage while delivering a verse made her voice tremor. It seemed really apparent that there was a TON of work being done in the production studio to "fix" her voice.

That said, I guess it's possible that she was just having a bad night, but man it was awful.

Anyway, her stuff is kinda catchy, but not my cup of tea.

2. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think there is a singer/band in the last 30 years that doesn't heavily work their stuff. Ever hear Axel Rose sing live? It's like a cat being raped by a gorilla.

3. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    The song is fun for about 2 seconds before it descends into vapid pop hell. The worst part is that the music video is sorely lacking in examples! :mad:

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Aww man. Now you've ruined that image for me forever.

:(

5. Trekker4747

Indeed.

:(

But Katy looks good, silky, and creamy in the video. And I like the shot of her all curled up and snuggy in bed. :adore:

6. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Axel Rose live or the rape? :p

7. Trekker4747

The rape.

Damn!

And my new issue of Animal Rape magazine isn't due until Monday and that was supposed to be the centerfold!

8. Praetor

Well darn, I hope you can settle for next month's rhinoceros raping a bunny wabbit. :)

I hear that's what the next American Idol sounds like.

9. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Her songs could've easily been from the mid 90's. Utterly generic yet catchy dance beat and fluffy lyrics. Her other song was "Your so gay" about some metrosexual ex of hers. What brilliant material. She cockteases about lesbian kisses and wails about men "who PMS like a bitch" she would know.

She'll be posing for Playboy within 10 years of her career crashing. Then maybe her quasi-bad girl credentials will seem real. By then Amy Winehouse will be sharing heroin needles in heaven with Janis Joplin. And PINK will still be pink, only more butch.

I had to look up what a sorwhore is :vulcan:. But Right Said Fred's "I'm too sexy" was made to mock fashion posuers and became embraced by them, so...

10. cultcross

cultcross The Slay of the Doctor Moderator

Forgive me, this is aimed at Ms. Perry, not yourself, but:

[​IMG]

She didn't seem very quick to point this out when her "oh look at me I'm so naughty, I kiss girls, when I have a boyfriend!!!" shtick was raking in the cash.

11. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I saw the music video for Kissed a Girl when it was released and I immediately realised that she was just trying to grab attention with faux-lesbianism. If you are gay then fine, but if you are just pretending to be in order to get 14 year old boys to whack off to your music video then you are an attention seeker and therefore unworthy of my time.

The song itself is quite catchy if you ignore the words, but her other stuff is so annoying that I find myself switching the station if it comes on the radio.

That being said...

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And a lot of people thought the Pet Shop Boys really meant what they sang in "Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money)". :vulcan:

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dislike her music. As for her, don't care about her, she's not someone I would really want to meet and talk to.

14. Praetor

Don't worry, you've still earned my respect. And if I were straight, we'd be in agreement here too. :p

15. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Well, my personal opinion is that even with work done in the studio Axel Rose's voice is remarkably hard on the ears. Never liked GnR as a result because I couldn't stand the vocals. :wtf:

16. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Her music could be worse, but it's fairly generic pop stuff. I'm trying to be less of a music snob and it's at least catchy at times, so I said she's OK

17. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And I would gladly trade that respect for one night with her.

Actually, make that two nights and a bottle of Baileys Irish Cream.

18. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Eh, it's catchy stuff, trying to be daring in a genre that has certainly grown up since the days of "Relax". Me, I liked it. :bolian:

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's okay...nice to look at and seems to have some talent but we'll see how far her career goes based on that talent...

20. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    If you're going to fake it, at least do it with some gusto! (Or at least penetration. Geez! Why is no one giving the public what it truly wants!?!?:p)