Hayden class scout

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BorgMan, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Wow. Crew of only 30, eh? I didn't expect Hayden to be that small...

I was expecting 50-75.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I noticed you have a glow applied to the impulse engines, but not to the bussards and intercoolers on the nacelles, any reason? is it dificult to male a "panel" light for that situation?

3. sojourner

OMG! where has this rendering software been hiding! this is the tool I have been looking for with Sketchup! I think I will set blender aside for a little longer!

4. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sojourner, they are illuminated but it's not as clear as the impulse engines. The impulse engines are recessed, and that makes it possible to see it. The bussards and grille, on the other hand, have got components inside of them that are lighting up. If it would be dark, you can see it a lot better, but this gets the job done :)

5. BorgMan

THREAD NECROING! ZOMG ZOMG!

:D

I thought I'd show you guys some of the updates as well. I was busy making the Hayden fit for a nice pic when I came across a grave error: the shuttlebay doors were too small to let the shuttle pass. The entrance itself was big enough, but there wasn't enough space for the doors to slide away. So, I went with another route: doors that slide into the ceiling. It fits, barely, but it works pretty good :) It also gave me a chance of finishing up the interior. It isn't done yet, but I'm coming pretty close! If any of you spot anything that's still wrong or just missing, please tell me! The shuttlebay is a-symetrical: left there's room for a single workbee, right is the location of the elevator to the top level; there's no entrance at the lower level as Main Engineering is situated directly behind it. There's this thick ole wall in between though, so no worries about crashing shuttles that make the ship go boom ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. BorgMan

Here's a new render. I'm almost done with it ^_^

[​IMG]

7. sojourner

Wow! It just amazes me that you have done this all in sketchup. How large is this file now?

8. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

I use Solidworks at work, and I play with Sketchup in my spare time. Got Borgman on MSN dude is far more helpful than the documentation that comes with the program. :D

9. BorgMan

The shuttlebay alone is 4,38MB; the ship itself without the shuttlebay is 19.5MB, while the shuttle would add 3.4MB and the trimmed down workbee (the original, from the 3D warehouse, was way bigger and detailed) weighs in at just 674KB. Throw them all together, export to Kerkythea and the resulting file is... (don't panic) 41.3MB. So, that's the numbers :P