NEW ONGOING STAR TREK SERIES FROM IDW!!!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Trek Survivor, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

I did trust that you have been reading posts here these past 12 months. ;)

2. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just read the comic and enjoyed it hugely. It takes one of the cheesiest episodes and adopts a worthwhile spin, putting in lots of Easter Eggs for fans, while telling a nice self-contained story. Let's be honest, it wasn't an episode that we would have expected them to bother with...

They are also finally improving the female dynamic by evening up the background characters, support characters, and even the security guards. A big thumbs up from me. :)

3. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I personally think its just a parallel reality like the one with lone Enterprise comanded by Riker after the Borg won.

4. Cartoonist

Cartoonist Captain Captain

No, I read those too, you're not making it up.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Again... I know that's what they were saying. I just disagreed with how to interpret that statement. My point was simply that it was directed toward those specific stories rather than being a generalized opinion about how long any and every comic book story should be. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble conveying that.

6. Therin of Andor

Because it was directed toward those particular IDW stories and posters. I didn't want to make a generalised comment about the length of comic book stories.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Again -- as I already explained very clearly -- I'm not saying you were generalizing, I'm saying you assumed they were generalizing, and I was saying that I didn't think they were.

8. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, for what it's worth, I understood the reference and took no personal offence. I thought this issue was handled very cleverly, almost as if the writers were listening to us whiners and deliberately fed us tranquilisers. In fact, given how many female redshirts there were in the story (traditional sexist cover notwithstanding) maybe I should start to feel paranoid.

Or just keep plugging for some more alien characters and keep fingers crossed...

9. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Is it just me, or is the issue (#13) not available digitally on the Comixology iOS app? For some unknownreason, it seems to be available via the IDW app.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know about any of the apps, but it is available through their website.

11. Therin of Andor

I used to wish for Andorians but, for quite a run there, it seemed like every new ST book/comic featured at least one new Andorian reference - and it was impossible to keep my "Andor Files" website updated and accurate.

I have a huge pile of read books with little blue bookmarks in them.