OT: KRAD & JK Woodward DRAGON PRECINCT Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by KRAD, Jul 9, 2013.

1. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Some of you may or may not be familiar with my series of fantasy/police procedural novels and short stories that began with the 2004 novel Dragon Precinct, and have continued in the novels Unicorn Precinct, Goblin Precinct, and the upcoming Gryphon Precinct, as well as the short story collection Tales from Dragon Precinct.

Basically, the setting is a fantasy world, with humans, elves, dwarves, and wizards living side-by-side in the port town of Cliff's End -- but the plots are mysteries, and the two main characters are detectives (lieutenants in the Castle Guard). It's a fun blending of two genres, in which the main characters have to deal with crimes that have some kind of fantastical element to them.

Some of you may or may not be familiar with JK Woodward, with whom I collaborated on the Star Trek one-shot comics Alien Spotlight: Klingons and Captain's Log: Jellico. JK also did the art for the landmark Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover comic.

The two of us are getting together again to do a Dragon Precinct graphic novel -- but only if we can raise the money to put it together. To that end, we've launched a Kickstarter to raise the money to produce and publish a 100-page graphic novel. This will be a new story of Torin ban Wyvald, Danthres Tresyllione, and the rest of the Cliff's End Castle Guard as they try to solve a serial killer case with a bizarre magickal twist....

There are lots of keen rewards, including copies of the graphic novel in various formats, copies of the upcoming Gryphon Precinct, getting characters named or patterned after you in the graphic novel, original artwork by JK, a full-cast audio drama based on the graphic novel, new music being created for the graphic novel by Emmett Plant and Jonah Knight, and lots more. Check it out!

2. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm in. Any word on a Tales from Dragon Precinct kindle release?

3. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

You're in luck. :)

4. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Great! Just dropped to my kindle.

5. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Hope this reaches its goal, would love to see how Grovis, Iaian & Boneen compare to the images of them I have in my head.