Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

STAND BY. I'll be starting an official review thread in a few minutes.

2. dayxday1000

dayxday1000 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Really excellent all the way around! Loved the use of the "heat-ray" sound too. I need to watch it a few more times to fully absorb it, but a big THANK YOU to everyone involved. A real labor of love and definitely shows!

3. Maurice

4. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

So I guess the answer to the OP's question is that the last act was released on May 1, 2014.

Congratulations.

5. Maurice

Thanks, DCR. :)

6. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations! It is nice to see Act 4 released as this really is one of the best fan film episodes ever made. I have posted this on the Axanar Facebook page.

7. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Posted a note about this on a private board for friends and their families -- I'll relay interesting comments; some of us make amateur films also. I still haven't watched anything past the teaser (what's another 24 hours after nine years in the back seat?), but plan to sit my wife and kid down tonight to watch this as a family -- the only way to view real Star Trek.

I'm so excited I can just squee!

Thanks again Starship Exeter production team!

8. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Needless to say, this is THE HEADLINE at Star Trek Reviewed. I've called this the most anticipated Star Trek Fan Film of all time... which is an massive understatement. I'm looking for a better jpeg, but somebody (I think...) gave me permission to post the 'cover' of a comic book about it as some time, and since that's all I have right now, that's what I went with.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

9. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Well, well, well....
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,
    To all who have worked on this for so many years. Maurice your efforts have not gone un noticed or unappreciated on this. I first watch the teaser many years ago when it was release and I was hooked big time!!!! I watched the entire episode last night, and this weekend I will watch it again on a 60 inch Sony and enjoy Dennis's beautiful script and great performances from the cast. Can't wait for the Behind the camera video.
    :techman::techman::techman::bolian::bolian::bolian:

10. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As some have mentioned, yesterday's release was in High Def, contrary to the previous releases, and damn it looked so clear and beautiful.
    Are there plans to do the same with The Savage Empire? though that may not be possible depending on their camera Equipment at the time. What we now have may be the best we will ever get...

11. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

To whomever is in charge of publicity - you really, really, really need cast information on the main webpage. Given how long this has been in production, I'm not sure who is involved anymore and the webpage only seems to contain the episode, while the FB blurb only gives info on the ep.

I honestly don't have time to go through a zillion FB posts. I'd have loved to given credit to all involved in my article, but it needs to go up today.

Glad to see this done. Didn't realize it had been so long in the making!

12. Maurice

T'Bonz, you're right. The webpage is up for a major update but there wasn't time to finish it before the release. Last night I started to update and correct the IMDB page (link), but that's a tedious and labor intensive process.

Although the credits aren't final, on IMBD, the main ones for FINISHING the show are:
    Jimm Johnson Executive Producer
    Josh Johnson Producer
    Joel Sarchet Producer
    Maurice Molyneaux Post-Production Producer
    Scott Cummins Director, Editor, etc.
    David Weiberg Post-Production Supervisor
    Hetoryn Music (Act 4/finale)
    Ben Jasmine Music (bulk of the show)

With Scott and I doing the bulk of the work on getting Act 4 finished.

13. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

I just wanted to thank all you guys and girls for making this episode and taking the time out of your own busy lives to get it finished after all this time.

14. myrnakitty

myrnakitty Ensign Newbie

Many thanks, Maurice. I hadn't watched past the teaser about a decade ago, and occasionally I'd drop by this topic I ran across a couple of years back. Tonight I watched the thing through Act Three. I may let myself treat your work on Act Four as a kind of "continued next week", just so I can grok what I've seen so far.

Dennis out did himself. This story line ranks right up there with Fontana's The Enterprise Incident. Scott has garnered performances from all that suspend disbelief, and the entire production team has created a world that rivals TOS.

What a magnificent job. Its quite easy to see now why the major parties couldn't let themselves quite let go of this project.

Makes one pine for a retro series of found footage of a long lost Trek production, held in some kind of legal limbo until forgotten by all save those who labored on it before being swept up in the reality of moving on to other things. An actor playing a writer who had found the cache could introduce each episode, like a modern day Rod Serling. And Jimm and Company would actually get paid. Of course, the release schedule would have to be bumped up a little.

Great job, every one. Very cool. And may I say, quite worth the wait. Glad I could make it.

Thanks again.

-Johnny

15. Maurice

Thanks. When you finish watching act 4, please go over to the Grading and Discussion Thread and take the poll there. :)

16. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

So is anyone going to deal with the really rude, nasty comments on the Trek Today news item? Seriously, the comments there are completely unwarranted.

17. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Hey, that dude needs to be medicated. Or maybe needs a restraining order against him - he's gonna turn up on my doorstep one day. :lol:

18. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

Well, I didn't mean to keep this old thread alive any longer as the new one is already in place. But having read Dalton's comments over at TT... I can only assume, that you, Dennis and Vic are the most malevolent human beings here on earth.

Here's to malevolent human beings aka Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do, when they come for you?

Greetings and congrats from Platjenwerbe, Germany
    Per Krutke

And now back to my vicodine... ;-)

19. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

From Hell's heart, he stabs at me. ;)

20. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

He used "intergalactic" incorrectly in his review, too. :borg: