Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nobody is addressing this being a April Fools joke or not...

2. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Why should they? The ones who know aren't going to spoil their own joke (even though I don't think it would be very funny), if a joke it is.

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Even if it is a joke (I myself do not believe it is) we only have ourselves to blame.

Well, those of you who have spent the last decade whining and complaining and badmouthing Exeter because they've taken so long to finish the project have only yourselves to blame.

But like I said - I do not believe it to be a joke and if and when Act 4 is released, I will be quite thrilled to finally see it and applaud the producers, performers, and everyone else involved for a job exceptionally well done.

4. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

We have to hope the choice for the day the counter hits zero, April Fools Day (or as they call it in France, The Fish of April) is just a sad coincidence, and this is not a fish story. April 5, just four days later, is First Contact Day. So, we'll see. I have not been whining for Exeter, 005, FYI. There is more stuff to watch that is available than I have time to watch. Act IV would be nice, but between Dec. 31 2013 and today, January 14, 2014 we were given the gifts of Phase II's "Kitumba," Star Trekz Empire's 3-part, hour-long pilot story, Potemkin's "The Night The Stars Fell From The Sky" (with it's own eye-popping CGI, by the way), a gaggle of fresh audio Trek, Star Trek: Romulan Wars' Season 2 Eps. 2, "The Needs of the Many", Kirk Danhauser's "Logical Thinking: Three" short, and for German-speaker's Star Trek Euderion's new release, "Schatten der Vergangenheit" ... and I left some stuff out... so I'm much too busy watching Star Trek fan films to whine about one of them.

5. doubleohfive

...which is why I said "those of you who have been complaining..." and did not name you (or anyone else) specifically.

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

7. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I promised my friends a "double feature" screening of both Exeter episodes, here in Sydney, when the second episode was originally announced as being serialized over five weeks. ;)

[​IMG]
    Senator Therin and Jack by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

8. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Maurice commented about this on the Facebook page this morning. Worth checking out if you can.

9. Tallguy

And if you can't?

10. doubleohfive

Have you tried?

11. Tallguy

Can't get to Facebook. Fact of life.

12. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

From Facebook:

And I just got off the phone with Jimm and got his feedback on some material. :)

13. Tallguy

Thank you so much!

14. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Thank you, Maurice. Don't know about the rest of us, but that certainly appeases me for the time being! :)

15. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Well I could not have said it better than that!!!!!!!
    I give it 4thumbs up.
    :bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian:

16. FredCFO

FredCFO Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm glad there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Thanks to all for bringing this starship into port.

17. doubleohfive

This was always going to happen. The Exeter guys have always been working on the project as long as they've been able to so this isn't nor should it be a surprise, despite the rantings of overeager and impatient fans.

I quite look forward to seeing the entire show in its entirety and fully expect it to rise above and become one of the best fan films to date.

18. RCAM

RCAM Commander Red Shirt

I don't think it's a surprise that a lot of people thought it would never be finished, but of course, it's also very silly for said people to complain about that since it's a nonprofit venture.

I'm looking forward to seeing the conclusion and appreciate the folks working on Exeter sticking with it and not losing interest through the years.

19. Axiom1

Axiom1 Ensign Red Shirt

Even in it's uncompleted form, still my favorite fan made series to date. The general overall retro atmosphere, acting, and chemistry between the characters works some of the same magic TOS had within the context of what a fan film strives for. Looking forward to seeing the fourth act and hopefully further episodes.

20. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

How about one of your great photos. Long time fan of FredCFO.

:guffaw: