Did Spock undergo Pon Farr prior to Amok Time?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by uniderth, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Amanda Grayson was played by Jane Wyatt.

For me, nuAmanda does not exist, and never did.

2. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Extreme feminine beauty is always ... disturbing.

3. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

Assuming the bond between Spock and T'Pring is so deeply and biologically embedded that it cannot be broken, and assuming Stonn and T'Pring are able to establish a bond of their own (a lot of assuming, I know), does that mean T'Pring has two pon farrs every seven years, and Stonn spends most of his free time down at the local Vulcan pub bragging to the other guys about how he gets twice as much as they do? ;) :D

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    It's ridiculous to assume Spock and T'Pring would have remained bonded after the events of "Amok Time."

Sarek was married more than once (3 times if you count STV as actually having happened). I'm pretty sure he didn't have multiple bond-mates at the same time.

5. Jonas Grumby

Jonas Grumby Vice Admiral Admiral

It's was a joke. Didn't mean to step on your toes. ;)

I assume Sarek's ex-wives are all dead. Not the same situation as with Spock and T'Pring.

My own actual, all-joking-aside theory is that the invocation of the challenge and the resulting plaktow battle is what hormonally changes the bonding from an irresistible drive into a take-her-or-leave-her choice for the groom.

Still, given the lack of established "facts" about the Vulcan bonding, it's all just guesswork, just a theory. Same as yours. ;)

6. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Women can never be too fem, for me! It's any that I come across who are butch, or really bossy that I always find ... "disturbing."