800th Episode - 2014 Christmas Special (Rumour's/Poss. Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by MacLeod, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Plus that title makes it all about Capaldi...unless by then it's firmly established that Smith is 12, not 11 :p

2. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Um, remember that Sarah Jane Adventures episode, Death of the Doctor?

And personally, I'm not exactly a fan of the idea of the Christmas Special being a trilogy... but, on the other hand, it reminds me of the Master trilogy in season 19/20, consisting of Keeper of Traken, Logopolis and Catrovalva.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well we've hada sneek peek at the this episode

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOOLd_44Mo[/yt]

I suspect this might episode will conclude some of the plots that have been going since the Matt Smith's Doctor made his first apperance.

4. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

C'mon. Isn't the title obvious?

Silent Night.

5. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Maybe someone will finally explain exactly what caused the TARDIS to explode and cause the cracks?

6. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

So are we getting Daleks, Weeping Angels and the Silence all in one episode?

7. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really, really hope this will be as excellent as Eleven's debut, The Eleventh Hour, was.

8. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Feels a bit like a cross between The Pandorica Opens, and A Good Man Goes to War.

9. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

And Cybermen also. I'm looking forward to it.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Hey look it's Handles! At least that was true. Also i'm fairly certain that clock will play a role in some clever naming

"The clock strikes twelve..."
    etc etc

Rumor has it
    Matt Smith was in harness for the regeneration scene and his pants accidentally fell down during a take

So could he regenerate in Mid-air?

11. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't want him to go.

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Call me crazy, but that clock tower looks like it has the shape as the TARDIS. Coincidence?

13. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know.... it's box shaped... only so many ways to make a box shaped building.

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

That Cyberman head looks happy and drunk...

15. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

So what can we draw from that picture anyway?

A rather happy looking decapitated Cyberman, 3 Silents in the background, a body under the snow, Clara holding an infostamp (at least I hope it's an infostamp ;)) and a clock tower on the Twelvth Hour.

16. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a feeling the Christmas special is going to be epic!

17. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a plot outline on Gallifrey Base.

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

That is like saying "you can google it" - What does it say?

19. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, very well. I make no claims to its veracity. :)

Christmas Special: (possibly called Time Of The Doctor)

There's a signal, a bell tolling, calling out through the universe and touching every race. Most races are inexplicably afraid, even Daleks Cybermen Angels etc. But our Doctor is, as ever, very curious! He and Clara follow the signal to a small, wooded, snowy place where they are attacked by Angels. The Doctor gets wounded and fears his leg is infected.

They meet a couple (Del's wife off Only Fools and Horses, and Eddie the Barman from Hustle) who explain that they are on the outskirts of Christmas Town, a quaint little place enfolded in a truth field which has always been there, seemingly naturally.

On closer examination and exploration the Doctor figures that the signal is emanating from the clock tower in the centre of town. Further investigation reveals that the planet is surrounded by enemies old and new, all wanting to crush the place.

Chatting with those in the know, the Doctor realises that this is Trenzalore! The enemies are holding back their attack for fear that the Doctor - through legend - will unleash the might of the Time Lords on them. The Daleks fear this the most. So, the Doctor decides he has no choice but to protect this innocent town (which just happens to house the target of the universal forces of evil) from utter destruction. He has to stay. He has to help!

Realising that this could take a while he sends Clara to safety in the TARDIS; she won't live for half the time this'll take to sort out... So now he's stranded there in Christmas Town. He takes up residency in the tower where he becomes something of a local celeb! The man who takes care of the town! He spends 300 or so years fighting the invading monsters, side by side with the Mainframe - both are defending the town, after an agreement was made in their mutual interest! He defeats Angels and Cybermen (wooden ones too) and Sontarans and who knows what else. All the while, the question is asked: Doctor Who?

Clara visits, with help, and finds the Doctor making and fixing toys for the children of the town. He's old. Aged. He's lost that infected leg, it turned to stone so had to go. Now he has a wooden one! And he also has a Cyberhead mate called Handles who keeps him company, keeps him chatting... The Doctor explains his situation to Clara (us) and we see the battles he is left to fight. An endless, bitter war. A war that could kill him; he has no regenerations remaining! This is his last life.

(When Kovarian said "an endless bitter war, against you!" In AGMGTW she didn't mean between the a Silence and him, but between him and everyone else, fought on the Silence's doorstep.)

The stalemate holds, the battle rages, the Doctor defeats all sorts of monsters. Until only the ever-defiant Daleks remain in position, waiting and waiting. 900 years of battle and waiting and waiting and more waiting. 900 years of not being able to end it all. The Daleks fear that if they attack then the Doctor will unleash the Time Lords and that means an end for them. If the Doctor leaves Christmas Town then the place burns with no deterrent. So both sides sit and wait... And wait... And wait...

Until the Doctor realises his time is up, his life is at an end. He has no regenerations left (thanks to Ten's vanity in Journey's End and Hurt's Recently revealed existence) so this really is the end. He takes his rage and frustration to the Daleks one last time: a last stand, an "I've got nothing, so kill me if you want" defiant eff-you. They close in on him when, inexplicably, a familiar crack of light opens in the sky and from it emerges a second chance! The Doctor is able, once more, to regenerate! Breaking all rules, it's going to be a hell of a light show! The exploding energy from his regeneration blasts Daleks all around, sending them burning into the wastes of space and the battleground around the town...

...thanks to the mysterious Tasha Lem, Clara has been shown this, from a distance, and - knowing he SHOULD just die - she's overjoyed that he appears to be changing once more. She races to where she saw it happen only to find the TARDIS, open, waiting... our story continues! Hopefully for another 50 years!

20. werdegast

werdegast Lieutenant Red Shirt

Poop on a stick. I am not sure what to think about that.