Transformers Age of Extinction Pre-release thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Those are some pretty pinwheels on Bumblebee. I wonder if he transforms into a bike with tassels on the handlebars and baseball cards in the spokes this time.

The Hound does not approve.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItKF3xyci8[/yt]

The scenes with Optimus riding Grimlock are pretty badass, as is the new guy with the laserface.

2. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Oh heck this trailer is epic.

I wonder what the Dinobots' backstory is. We already have the star harvester, Jetfire and the Seekers, Megatron, Shockwave, and Sentinel Prime aboard the Ark all hidden on Earth and/or the Moon prior to present day. So where have the Dinobots been?

I still want a close-up of Drift.

Doesn't look big enough or powerful enough to be the Star Saber. And Prima's Star Saber that you posted a link to has only one design which this "Sword of Judgment" doesn't resemble.

3. Enterprise1701

4. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

That bit about controlled Transformers make em sound like the original Takara from back in the bygone days...

5. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Early reviews are in, they're mostly positive at this point.

Also judging by what's mentioned in the reviews:
    It sounds like the plot might involve the Quintessons-introduced in Transformers: The movie-the animated one that is-or some similar aliens, as it appears that the villain Lockdown was hired by the creators of the Transformers.

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Oh-so-much Bayness.

7. Enterprise1701

8. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So... More of the same. For all of us expecting nothing more, we'll have a fun ride...

Mark

9. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

165 minutes.

One hundred and sixty-five minutes.

:ack:

10. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

This video is hilarious!

No spoilers here. Before the release of the new film, our friends at Red Letter Media decided to watch the previous three films in the series...

...at the same time...

enjoy, my friends!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rfup0XKx7o[/yt]

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That's a lot of time for racist jokes and plenty of undefined robots fighting other undefined robots.

12. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't see the movie. :shrug:

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm not going to :)

14. Doctorwhovian

Don't critics also hate the original 1986 animated movie?

15. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A lot of critics hated Star Wars. That being said many critics who grew up with Transformers are reassessing the movie and find it better than first realized. I don't think anyone is going to be as forgiving to Bayformers.

16. Doctorwhovian

It's sort of similar in a sense-this film-since the previous one didn't sell toys that well-introduces a lot of new Transformers although keeping Optimus and Bumblebee (Although the former is redesigned). Granted, they're Transformers who are familiar to the early seasons-Hound, Dinobots etc.-instead of Hot Rod, Kup, Springer etc. (Arcee already having shown up in ROTF)

17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Thats what the older fans of a franchise always say.

And also crazy ass transformers fans about Transformers: The Movie, Powermasters, Best Wars, Transformers Animated, probably half the stuff Japan came up with, and ect.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ruined

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The shame of it is, there's probably a pretty decent and fun 90 minute movie in there somewhere.

19. Enterprise1701

It makes me mad that Bay and his crew have produced yet another bad movie. I'm still going to see it for the Transformers, but I won't be able to convince any of my friends to go since it has so many flaws. Damn it, did they hire Ehren Kruger to write a horrible script again just cause it's a workable formula for profit?

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Not to mention a significantly cheaper one, and one that would please theater owners by allowing more showings. Ninety minutes may be seen by many as a bit the short and stingy side for an action movie, but surely few to none would complain over a 100-110 minute length. So, what's the problem? Are the hired writers really so passionate about their stories and themes and subtexts that they can't bear to pare the scripts down to the length of, say, Raiders of the Lost Ark? Or is it the producers, all chummy with their crews and actors, who want them to get as many working days as possible, story and cinematic flow be damned? It must be something like that, right? :borg: