Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Mar 22, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one getting the impression that he really doesn't care what the fans think of him or what he does to the stuff he's in control of now? Because that's certainly the impression these actions are giving.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, ideally, creators should take a story in whatever direction feels right to them, rather than just trying to satisfy what they think the fans expect. That's just creative integrity. After all, it's not like there's anything that all fans agree on in the first place, so any decision is going to please some fans and upset others.

That said, I haven't been particularly fond of Jeph Loeb's creative choices that I've been aware of. I think he was the showrunner of Heroes during its weaker seasons, where it was more focused on throwing in wild plot twist after wild plot twist and the characterization fell by the wayside.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The more powerful Jeph becomes, the less souless suits there are that can fire him, until he's like some sort of boy Emperor who thinks that he is a god.

Oh?

What comes after Boy Emperor who thinks that he is a god?

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He's killed by his own bodyguards?

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't believe it's unthinkable that Jeph needs an honour guard of ex-paramilitary psychopaths to protect his virtue at Comicon.

6. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jeph Loeb is one of those creators that are hit and miss, Superman for All Seasons is one of my favorite comics of all time, period. However, other titles he's written have not been as good. Some, such as what I've heard about his time on Ultimatum and The Ultimates have been not so good.

I was excited to see him working on Heroes and Lost. He also worked on Smallville.

I give him the benefit of the doubt, usually. There are some who view him as a "Midas in Reverse" thinking everything he touches turns to crap. I take each work of his on its own. I'll admit to liking Ultimate Spider-Man, but sometimes the show gets exasperating.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does he have anything to do with the current Teen Wolf TV series? I noticed his name was in the credits, but when I just looked him up on Wikipedia it just said he wrote the original movie. So is that the only reason he's in the show's credits?