Kes on Acid

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Boy Wonder, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Watching 'The Gift' right now and after the Doctor shows Janeway Seven's new eye implant they talk to Kes and the ocampan ear is clearly visable. Also later when Janeway is talking to kes in her quarters.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  2. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe they did that in the episodes mentioned in FleetLord's post above.

I guess that they just didn't have the time to start dabbling with alternate glues when they were filming "Before And After" and solved it by letting her have the long hair. Then they just continued with that.

3. Odo's_Bucket

Odo's_Bucket Commander Red Shirt

I guess freedom of speech is just words on paper to some people. That's why the other thread is closed.

4. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't worry about it, there are plently of other sites that do.;)

5. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I just recently saw a photo of Jennifer Lien at a con in 08 and wow she has changed dramatically. She kind of reminds me of one of my friends in college. All I can say is that we all put on weight over the years and I think she had a baby recently or did I just come up with that in my mind? :wtf: Anyhow, it's not like she is 300 lbs or anything! Geesh! But she DOES look like she's put on about 30 or more. She looks a lot more different than her Kes years on the show though! But hey if you're happy with what you look like, then more power to ya!

6. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

The sad thing is that freedom of speech is too often misused by those who love to create conflicts, spread gossip and libel and starts disgusting hate campaigns against certain people.

And when they are not allowed to continue with their hate, gossip, libel, rumor-spreading and violation of free speech, then they squeal about how freedom of speech is surpressed. But what they actually mean is their right to spread dirt.

In fact, those slanderers and rumor-spreaders are the worst threat to the freedom of speech that we all value because they are using it for their own sinister purposes.

7. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's the price of freedom.
    I'm sure the heads of government that this laws was passed to speak up and out against used to think the same thing. However we as individuals have the freedom & ability to read it or ignore it but if we surpress the freedom of speech to what we don't wish to hear then we go against all that those before us fought for in order to achieve it. Nobody wants to live under a dictatorship.

There are lots of things in life many don't like but the strength of humanity is tested by how well we endure it.

8. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ I agree none of us have the right to never be offended by the speech of others. The flip side of that coin is that if you use your freedom of speech to try to harm others then you need to take responsibility for what you've done and accept the consequences. Hiding behind the right of free speech to avoid taking responsibility is a cowardly act and endangers the very right we all wish to preserve.

To me it's about striking a balance between developing a thick skin (not allowing yourself to be provoked when it's just not worth it) and respecting others enough to not do any intentional harm.

However, all this is a digression from a topic that seems to have run it's course...

9. Odo's_Bucket

Voicing and opinion is not an abuse of anything. Opinion is neither gossip nor rumor.

10. Odo's_Bucket

Harm others???????????
    What a load of crap.
    You turned this thread into a digression from the topic by attacking my right to voice an opinion which was originally in sync with the subject matter. Nice job calling the kettle black though. You're drunk with 'moderator power', which has obviously given you a false sense of authority over everyone else's right to voice an opinion.

All I originally did was mention my dislike of both Kes and Jennifer Lien. I wasn't the only poster on this thread you tried to hush for having that particular opinion.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  11. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

And we're done here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.