''Revolution'' Gets Looong Mid Season Break

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cylkoth, Oct 31, 2012.

1. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Sigh, after blunting the building momentum for The Event a few seasons ago by inflicting a months long hiatus on the show, they will do the very same thing to Revolution. While he show isn't the greatest hour on television, it has done surprisingly well in the ratings this fall. So of course, by all means, give it the basic cable 'split season' treatment by debuting another show in the time slot! Seems that as the show reaches it's mid point at the end of November sweeps, instead of returning in January after the holidays, they will instead schedule a new series.''Deception'' on Jan 7.

http://www.thewrap.c...ia-series-62776

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

CANCELLED!

Sometimes NBC just doesn't learn.

However it comes back around the same time The Voice does, so it might have a chance.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, I hope this doesn't kill the show. I really enjoy it, and I'd hate to see a long hiatus doom it just we as we appear to be making some progress on the main arcs.

4. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I enjoyed the side boob shots in the last episode. :)

But to be honest, while it is lavishly produced and well directed, there seem to be quite a few rolleye moments in each episode that keep it from becoming must-see t.v. like Breaking Bad or Walking Dead.

5. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

They've already given the show a full episode order for S1, so why would a hiatus prompt them to cancel it?

The only thing that a hiatus would affect would be the possibility of the series being renewed for Season 2, but it's far too early to worry about whether or not a long hiatus is going to cause the show to dip in the ratings significantly enough for NBC to pull the plug on it after only one season.

6. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

It is just another mediocre mystery show with bland characters, pointless flashbacks, weak villains, poor cast except for Billy Burke and yet another conspiracy--ho hum

7. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

after last night's pointless episode I don't think I care

8. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I watched a bit of it. Like Visionaries except done in the wrong direction.

9. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

^^LOL...That's what the show needs. Wizards! Heck, we've already got magical amulets.

10. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

History has shown (NBC's own history, mind you) that first year shows with a long hiatus do not return with a resurgence of viewers. The show is in its first season, and is still finding an audience. This isn't Season 3 of Lost, where viewership is so high that viewers will come back no matter what; its a brand new show.

This show will likely be cancelled at the end of Season 1 if viewers do not return in the Spring.

11. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reminds me of BSG.
    They actually managed to draw out one hiatus for so long, the casual viewers almost no longer gave a fuck when it finally came back.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, if you're watching a show on SyFy, where you know it's typical toget 10 episodes, then a half year long hiatus, the hiatus isn't so likely to hurt the show, as you know, being a SyFy viewer, that's the way do things (Especially if it's an established show).

But, a Network show, that is brand new, and only airs 7 episodes, before a long hiatus, it's really got a long uphill climb to survive into the next season

13. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know what you mean, but I was talking about the whole year between seasons 3 and 4, with only one TV movie in-between. Things like that can even impact an established show.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Oh, absolutely.

And Caprica, was horribly scheduled (Maybe it had already made it's coffin when they started monkeying with the schedule), but, it as heck aided in preventing it from having a fighting chance.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I don't understand why networks do this kind of thing.

When Once Upon a Time finished airing its first couple of episodes and went on break, ABC showed all the reruns of the episodes. When the series finally came back its ratings were stronger than ever.

16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yea...but then contrast that bath scene with Dany in Game of Thrones.

Advantage pay cable :techman: