CONSTELLATION CLASS - Prototype

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by SR71ALPHA, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SR71ALPHA

SR71ALPHA Cadet Newbie

I watched the series of StarTrek TNG that contains a Constellation class crusier. And I keep thinking of what if there was a prototype version in the TOS era. So I came up with this basic design...

[​IMG]

The USS VALKYRIE NCC-2590 was in a refit state but in Starfleet data base of starships there wasn't a ship before it's creation or before it and here it is as I imagine it would be. Remember this is only a Prototype of the Constellation Class crusier.

[​IMG]

Design and Photoshopped (c) SR71ALPHA

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks good to me :) :techman:

3. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

My suggestions:

The lower side of the saucer section of the canon Constellation made use of the upper half of the refit connie rather than the bottom half, so I might make that structure more symmetrical on your version as well. In other words, the "B-C" command gondola from the top could be repeated on the lower half of the saucer as well.

Also, the impulse units utilization of the "impulse crystal" is very much a TMP refit thing, so I would suggest some other feature here, such as the "linear accelerator" on top of the TOS impulse deck. Of something more along those lines anyhow.

Besides those little technical hiccups, I think the illustration is well done.

--Alex

4. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The nacelles looked scaled a bit wrong -- remember that the Constellation model had truncated nacelles, so don't just match their lengths pixel-for-pixel. Make them look beefier.

Also the nacelle struts would look more TOS with the black grill squares from the TOS Ent on the strut interiors -- you can barely seen them here: http://www.atpm.com/7.01/washington-dc/images/enterprise-back.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011