Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well in the UK depending on where you buy it, some retailers only go upto issue 8 (at most) on part-works. After that they go to firm sale only (i.e customer save), because they can cease being sale or return.

2. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now that you mention it, I didn't see the Pasteur on that list either. Oh well, there's ones I'm looking more than that.

Obviously, the image of the Reliant and Vor'cha are a work in progress.

Yeah, I may not get all of them myself.

None of the ships from "Nemesis" were terribly memorable for me, for instance. Same goes for some of the alien ships from "Voyager" (kind of ambivalent about the Hirogen, Malon, and 8472 ships, though the Krenim one might be interesting). The Suliban cell ship doesn't sound very exciting (again, I'd rather have the Andorian ship or the second Vulcan ship). Ferengi Marauder? Meh. Bajoran sailing ship? Meh. I'm also not sure how many Borg designs need to get model treatment. (I think the cube and sphere are more than enough).

I've pretty much never met a Federation or Klingon design I didn't like (aside from those hideous kit-bashes, with the exception the Centaur and New Oreleans class). Granted, most of them have been done a million times, but I'm really excited for the ones that haven't. Really looking forward to those Dominion/Breen ones too. (You could pose them in some neat little battle scenes, if you ignored the scale difference).

It'll be interesting to see some of the never-done Xindi ones and a few other 22nd century ships.

3. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think there's only 3 Borg ships. The Cube, Sphere, and the Queen "Diamond" ship.

Can't remember where I saw this question asked, but someone was asking what the Prototype Klingon Bird of Prey might be. Well, I think it's probably the Bird of Prey from ENT.

4. Hando

Hando Commander Red Shirt

+Scout
    +Probe
    +Tactical Cube
    +Renegade Borg Ship

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Now we need more offerings like this.

6. Johnny Rico

I meant, in this collection. If by Renegade Borg Ship, you mean the one that was in that 2-parter cliffhanger from Seasons 6 & 7?

7. t_smitts

The collection includes the Cube, Sphere, Diamond, and a Borg "probe" from "Dark Frontier". It doesn't look like they're doing the rogue ship from "Descent".

Again, frankly I think the Cube and Sphere are sufficient and would've like to have seen a few other ships in place of the Diamond and Probe.

8. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/ship-order.html list of planned releases thus far (22 of the 70 right now)

I've signed up.

I'm a starship junkie. I've got resin models of a couple - the Titan (Riker's) an Akira, a Peregrine fighter - and pretty much every other physical representation of a starship ever made. From the Johnny Lightening to the Furuta Japanese to Hallmark ornaments, micromachines, playmates, AA/DST... you name it I've got it.

I just hope it does well and completes the whole line.

Tell your friends, folks. Get 'em to sign up. Word of mouth is the only way this will get out. :)

Man I just hope this happens now. I want all those ships. Mostly I want the never-released ships... lol.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  9. Frontier

Any of you pre-order? Did you get a confirmation e-mail? Any of you use PayPal? I've got no confirmation e-mail which always worries me... :S

10. t_smitts

We should have a thread somewhere where people can post pics showing off their ship collection.

The fact that they're releasing it the year of a movie (which is likely not a coincidence) can't hurt. I think the fact that they couldn't keep up with the demand initially is encouraging. Perhaps they'll even add some ships to the list.

Unfortunately, as is the case with a decent Netflix selection, Canadians like myself are left out. :sigh:

11. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Yep, I pre-ordered as well. Not with PayPal, but with a regular credit card. I did not get a confirmation email either, which I do find odd and a slight breach of internet business etiquette. However, IIRC, these are the same folks that did the original Star Trek Fact Files many years ago, and I found them to be straight shooters and reliable to deal with, particularly when I had a few skipped issues on occasion. They always sent me extras at their expense. If they are the same folks (and I do believe they are), then I am confident it will work out as we are hoping.

12. Frontier

I just get nervous when I don't get a confirmation e-mail. I like to have it to point to and say "SEE!" when things go wrong. :P

13. Frontier

Price you pay for living in a country with health care. Good trade if you ask me. ;)

As for showing off ships... that would take too much time. lol. And too many photos!

14. Johnny Rico

Hey! Every country has Health Care. It's just that in some countries you get what you pay for more than others.

Just wait till the Government is your ONLY source for Health Care and then they deny you for some unknown regulation on Page 17,658 of the Law, and then where will you go for treatment? No sir, not me. I like having choice in health care.

I thought about making short little videos of them and posting them on YouTube. You know...just kinda sit them there on my table, rotate them around and shoot them with my 1080p phone camera.

15. t_smitts

Well, I prefer your country's leader to mine (even though I voted for him the first time).

Point taken on the health care, but I do wish those ships could may their way just a bit further north. (It can't be any harder than shipping 'em to Alaska or Hawaii).

16. Johnny Rico

17. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

I hope this goes well, there are some ships listed I would like to have in my collection. Compared to resin kits the prices are good, but hesitate to commit to a subscription.

18. t_smitts

Maybe it's the fact that sci-fi already has an iconic spacecraft shaped like a sphere, but I'll need a bit more than that to excite me. (Call me when you're ready to show off an Akira).

19. Johnny Rico

I see your disappointment and I raise you an Excelsior model shot.

Use above link....it's the same.

20. t_smitts

Well, that's a little better, even though the Exie's been done a million times as well. Looks pretty nice, even though I have to admit I find the white color a bit disorienting. Years of looking at Micro Machines has apparently conditioned me to think that the "B" is white while the Excelsior is BLUE.