Star Ship Polaris

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aridas sofia, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

About thirty people attended the showing and most of them were pretty engaged - got asked several times when the movie would be finished, and there were a lot of specific questions about points of dialogue. I think everyone involved with the movie - and there were eight or nine of us there - was very pleased with the crowd reaction.

We won't put this preview on the Internet in its current form. Maurice has cut together a trailer that I'd like to see completed and released in the next couple of months. That should be concomitant with working on the scenes of the movie from which the trailer material is drawn.

The preview we showed is one complete scene from early in the movie - we don't introduce the antagonist here, for example, or move off of one or two of our major sets. The trailer, on the other hand, ranges over the course of the film and various locations and characters in a really good way.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry I couldn't make it. My dog ate my homework. Err, the gas light came on on my dashboard.

3. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the info, Dennis. Wish we could've been there ourselves.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I have it on good faith that the identity of Cumberbatch's character is never revealed in that seven minute clip. And Dennis has denied that the character is named "Bill the Cat". ack.

5. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

That was great!, but LOL that last line! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Just awesome.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

We don't plan to release the Farpoint preview online, but I want everyone to have a chance to appreciate a few moments of the great work that's been and is being done on the movie by our incredible cast and crew - and particularly in the last several months by the post production artists who are pivotal in the ongoing effort to make this movie a reality:

Maurice Molyneaux - our film editor as well a producer who also served as 1st AD, set decorator, artist, background player and a great deal more. He's become the axis on which this project turn.

Michael Struck of NEO f/x - responsible for all the CG effects you see in the clip. Talented, patient, endlessly inventive and responsive on very short notice;
    Ralph Miller - our Sound Designer, whose great contributions are very much in evidence here;

Hetoreyn - his work as a composer is unfortunately not presented in this short clip, but he did incredible work on very short turnaround for our convention presentation.

To all of them as well as to our actors and crew for their hard work over several years and ongoing encouragement and support - and to the folks who came out to see us on February 16th at Farpoint - I offer my sincerest thanks and gratitude.

This clip features Paul R. Sieber as Sam Fredericks, Nick J Cook as Duncan, Susan Cirrincione as "Howie" Howard, and Eric Ebersole as Frank Hudson.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvPrT4DX-8[/yt]

Other actors who appear in the clip include Romel Punsal, Lucita Faria, Case Aiken, Gina Hernandez and Erik Braa.

8. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Huh.

That's pretty good. The captain's reaction to the casualty report was perfect. The hologaphic display worked reasonably well and almost seemed incidental. The sound effects were a little too Trekkie to me, but that's just my opinion.

9. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

10. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I believe its intentionally vague, much like the early seasons of the original Star Trek. It takes place sometime in the future, could be a hundred years, could be a thousand.

Dennis may come in and say otherwise though. But that was my impression. :)

11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Well, there is one line in the show that indicates it's at LEAST 150 years from now.

12. JES

I guess I should've expected as much.:rolleyes:

That would create some more creative freedom should it be decided to make additional stories set after the events of the current film, though.:cool:

13. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

The first one to mention the word "prequel" will be shot though.. :p;)

14. JES

Fine by me! ;)

I don't mean the shooting part, but I'm all for moving forward into the future!:lol:

15. Admiral Buzzkill

[​IMG]

Yes, that's always been our intention. I do have an idea about how far in the future I think it is, but I want to keep it vague. I'll say that it's probably between three hundred and one thousand. ;)

16. Potemkin_Prod

Dennis, what scale is the lander is relation to a Human? And how many crew does it hold?

17. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This might help a little with the scale reference:

[​IMG]

There's seating for ten including the pilot and co-pilot.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Thanks, Vektor.

The external diameter of the ship is about thirty-six feet.

19. Potemkin_Prod

Thanks, Vektor and Dennis. Tremendous work there from you both!