Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

He was momentarily shown in that state just a couple of episodes ago.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

But after that episode Gipetto went to his hotel room and found no one there.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Meanwhile, note that the charming rogue with whom Emma goes on the road is named "Neal Cassady."

As in On the Road by Kerouac . . ..

4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Poor Henry.

As if its NOT bad enough that his (adoptive) Mother is the evil Queen who murdered his Mother's boyfriend in Storybrook...

If Bael is his Dad then Gold is his Grandfather who murdered his grandmother in Fairytale land.

No wonder he needs a psychiatrist!

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And too bad his shrink is a former cricket.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was an OK episode. The stuff with Emma and Hook in the giant's castle was fun, and I did enjoy getting to see some of Emma's past. I'm curious exactly what was in the box that made Henry's father believe August. It does seem a little suspicious....
    Has anyone heard if we're ever going to get flashback's for Aurora and Mulan? They've played a big role in the season, so it would be nice to learn more about them.

7. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

So, IF Bael is Henry's Father, do we start spelling it Bail?

I agree that Emma is adjusting well this Season. I think her "Scully-ness" last Season was appropriate, and I think they've scurried her along properly this season. I think they've done a great job of matching the storyline development to her growth in acceptance and "BadAssery"

Jorge was cool as the Giant

So...Next week's previews, is that a Ruby-centric story in Storybrook, or another Red-Centric story in Fairytale Land? It seemed to be Ruby-Centric in Storybrook, which is quite intriguing

8. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

There is zero indication that Neal Cassidy is supposed to be Baelfire, and given Bael's prominence in things vis a vis Rumple, it doesn't make sense for there not to have been even the slightest of hints dropped if he were to in fact be Rumple's son under a different name.

I really, really liked last night's episode. Jennifer Morrison was adorable as teenage, librarian-glasses-wearing Emma, and I loved that Neal breaking her heart ended up being the major factor in her becoming the cynical hard-ass she was in Season 1 and still is to a certain degree this season.

Regarding the preview for next week, here's some spoilers:
    The episode is both FTL-centric and Storybrooke-centric, with Ruby/Red turning into a wolf in Storybrooke and meeting up with other werewolves in FTL.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I was wondering what would happen with Ruby after the curse was broken.

This episode cracked me up. It reminded me of the old Gilligan's Island episode where Gilligan dreamed about being Jack. :rommie:

I was wondering how August could have sent the postcard, being all petrified; but I had forgotten about Gepetto finding the empty room.

Now I guess we can expect to have Henry's father show up in Storybrooke and August will have a lot of splainin to do.

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is the unofficial name for the fairy tale lands The Magic Kingdom?

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've referred to The Enchanted Forest several times, but I've never been clear on if that was just the forest or if it's supposed to be the whole kingdom.
    Really looking forward to another Ruby/Red episode.

12. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

The first time I ever thought of the forest representing the entire place was when David found Jefferson in season two. Jefferson said that the enchanted forest was gone. It took me a minute to realize that they were not just talking about the place they got the wardrobe tree but the entire land.

What I don't get is how Wonderland, Neverland, and the Enchanted Forest all belched up certain persons and deposited them in a corner of the Enchanted Forest. Why did the curse haul in Smee but leave Hook?

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't Regina say that the curse just brought who she wanted to Storybrooke?

14. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Yes.

15. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another question then: Were the people left the people Regina liked? Or were they ones she really, truly disliked, who weren't even supposed to have company for their misery?

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe she just didn't care one way or another towards those people. Except for her mother of course...she hated her. Why not curse her too? Cora's too powerful?

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^That was my interpretation as well. They were just the ones she never really cared about. I got the impression that their original homeland was quite a ways away from Regina and the rest of the people who wound up in Storybrooke.

18. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that there is indication that can be inferred. The episode where we found out Bael was lost in another world was inference enough. Henry's father is either some random white guy from somewhere in America, or he is Bael. The random white guy we met is a guy who had no roots, no family, would steal in a heartbeat, yet was capable of true love, loyalty, and had more than a pocketful of ethics. His character description alone marks him.

19. Jolaris

Jolaris Commander Red Shirt

Nobody mentioned The Nightmares?

Nightmares and The Chosen Ones dreamcatcher in the same episode... hmm... Something is up with that? :techman:

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Good point about the dreamcatcher. I didn't even think of that.