Grade 5x08 - "The Queen"

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Broccoli, Sep 13, 2008.

?

Grade "The Queen"

1. Fully Powered 3 ZPMs

5.9%
  2. Excellent

19.1%
  3. Above Average

42.6%
  4. Average

26.5%
  5. Below Average

5.9%
  6. Terrible, Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Even a Wraith Won't Feed On It

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Ah, good old Sky, still cutting scenes in post watershed shows... and people complain about terrestrial channels.

2. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this one. I wasn't expecting much from reading the premise and I'm not normally a fan of Teyla episodes, less to do with Rachel Luttrell and more to do with the bad handling of her character, but this one was pretty enjoyable. I especially liked her threatening Todd at the end - we really need to see more of Teyla being a bad ass its the only time she really shines. Though I kept expecting someone to say "Aren't you a little short to be a Wraith Queen?"

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Given that the usual Wraith Queen, Andree Frizzell, is 6'1" in bare feet, yes she is a little short. :)

4. Etched

^If you notice they didn't use Andie for the other Queen in this ep, I wonder if that was partly because the height difference would have been too noticeable. I really didn't like the actress they did use in the role but maybe that's because Andie is so good at it.

5. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

Wraith used to be so hard to kill, you would think queens would be even tougher, yet a single small blade is enough to despatch one in seconds?

6. Etched

^Yeah that is a real annoyance of mine, the Wraith have become far too easy to kill and it bugs me no end. Another example of lazy writing on the part of tptb.

7. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I thought the blade was poisoned which was the purpose of the light on it.

8. Etched

^You may be right, I hadn't noticed that but I still maintain that the Wraith as a whole have become much easier to kill.