Watching Farscape lately...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Scotty, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quick question. Which is the ep in which John is sneaking around the ship Die Hard-style and humming his own action movie music?

2. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"I Shrink Therefore I Am." Season 4, episode 8.

ETA:

Sometimes I love Farscape's love of punning episode titles. "The Way We Weren't," "Bringing Home the Beacon," and "Throne for a Loss" are all clever titles. But I feel like they got a bit carried away with it in the fourth season. That all three parts of the "We're So Screwed" trilogy have punny titles is just exhausting.

Similar with the weird animal thing going on at the end of the third season - "Into the Lion's Den," "Lambs to the Slaughter," "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing," "Dog With Two Bones." Although that works a lot better.

3. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Though "We're So Screwed" has to be the best name for an arc in the history of sci-fi TV.

5. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved those. La Bomba? Priceless and thematic.

6. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is true. It takes balls, like the Supernatural episode that had the title "Criss Angel is a Douchebag."

Well to be fair i do enjoy how it works on a number of levels...

...How it refers not just to the thermonuclear bomb John uses against Katratzi, but to the larger issue of the weapons of mass destruction John is capable of creating and that Scorpius and Staleek are both after... and further, to Sikozu herself, who is a "bomb" designed to kill Scarrens.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey Scapers, big news, Browder's coming back to TV!

I better not see any of those CW kiddies tweeting how Browder looks like an old codger! :klingon:

8. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I saw Liars, Guns and Money pt 1 yesterday and it wasn't as good as I remember it. Production design and directing were superb. The shadow depository looks great, the sets are huge. Andrew Prowse's directing is fast paced.

Still, there was something very un-Farscape about this episode. The score sounded very different, it can't have been Guy Gross who scored this episode. Even the script, by Grant McAloon (who only wrote 4 episodes) felt a bit off. The characterisation felt different. Especially Stark and Aeryn seemed to have undergone changes.

I can't really put my finger on it, but this wasn't the big. tense spectacle I remember it. But perhaps I'm confusing it with prts 2 and 3. For now, this gets an 8/10.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed, but didn't they do that because by then they knew they were cancelled?