Ok Trekkers, Don't Forget To Sign Up For Mandatory Obamacare Oct 1st

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Shilliam Watner, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Ok Trekkers, Don't Forget To Sign Up For Mandatory Obamacare Oct 1

You complain of political bias above, yet invoke an investigation by a partisan politician, conducted by volunteers, not investigators of the Sheriff's Office. If the sheriff has evidence of fraud, he is supposed present it to prosecutors, not just hold a press conference. But screening a case for prosecutors would not raise him any campaign funds.

Not that it matters, I can see where this is going. No matter how credible, any evidence presented that doesn't support the conspiracy theory will be dismissed as "part of the conspiracy."

Uh huh. I won't hold my breath waiting for you to cite the relevant law or decision.

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

That's sad.

3. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

I think that Kestrel's response to your post was adequate to say the least.

The moment you brought up Sheriff Arpaio to the mix, whatever credibility that you had is gone.

4. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

I forgot to mention that my mother is 65 (she'll be 66 next month) and on Medicare and SS.

5. Tora Ziyal

^ Someone I know who's about that age is in the process of moving back to Michigan. I hope he doesn't end up regretting it.

6. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

My mother moved back to Michigan over three years ago from Missouri not too long after her mother died.

7. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Being likewise British, I have no horse in this race. But this ^^^ is the part that always blows my mind. The sheer contortions that so much of the US citizenship puts themselves through to justify claiming that Obama has no right to be president, from the toothless redneck on the trailer park to the Republican wingnut in Congress. And all because they just can't handle there being a black guy in charge.

It's been five years, for fuck's sake. He won. You lost. Let it go.

8. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

:wtf::eek::rolleyes::guffaw::wtf::eek::rolleyes::guffaw::wtf::eek::rolleyes::guffaw:
    JOE FUCKING ARPAIO?!?!?!?!?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this thread was talking about the ACA. I was hoping maybe to learn more about it in this thread. I guess that's not going to happen. I actually don't like Obama as much as I did before, but this birth certificate thing is one of the most asinine crap reasons for hating him that I know. It really is time to get over that.

10. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

And those toothless rednecks are the sort who rant about the evils of teh socializm but are frequently taking some sort of welfare money (and I know there are posts on this board who've got family members who do exactly that though not the trailer park dweller bit).

Same goes for the elderly tea partiers demanding government hands of their medicare.

They seemed determined to prove the maxim "not all conservatives are stupid but most stupid people are conservative".

11. Tora Ziyal

There are plenty of us in the US who totally agree with you.

12. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

What do you want to know about the ACA? Some of us here are quite familiar with it, Watner just derailed the thread into silly Birther nonsense.

13. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

In the interest of full disclosure, Italy is not without its issues, too. Last year the new head of government appointed our first black minister (Cécile Kyenge, Minister for Integration and International Cooperation). Some people went completely apeshit about it, including some politicians (which had already been pretty unhinged, but still), calling her racist names and arguing she wasn't worthy to be an Italian citizen, let alone a Minister of the Republic. She shrugged it off, but it was really shameful to witness. So I'm not going to cast the first stone against the whole US for it. There are racist people everywhere: sometimes they are just louder and more idiotic than other times.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well it might also be a case of a Black Democrat being in charge. But perhaps rather than bitch and moan about it how about doing something radical like you know finding a suitable candidate that can appeal to the majority of Americans in order to win the next Presidential Election in 2016.

The more you bitch and moan about something the more like petulant children you sound. As for members of congress that behave like that, you are supposed to be statesmen act like it. You'll earn more respect from the electorate.

Thankfully as a Brit American Congressmen and women don't have to court my vote.

Oh and just to add, I actually had to google this the UK's first Black Cabinet Minister

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Boateng

Don't recall any controversy

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess the thing I wanted to know the most is I already have Health Insurance, but the letter I got in the mail this weekend says that because of the ACA, that Health Insurance I have can no longer be offered. I called up my Health Insurance company today to find out the prices and some options I have come 2014, and the only thing I found out is that my rates are going to rise again, I'm not qualified for subsidy, and if I don't get a New health Insurance plan, than I have to pay a penalty.

Granted, I know not everything is going to make me happy, but how exactly is the ACA going to benefit me exactly? How is paying $300 a month for health insurance when I'm already paying a cheaper rate now affordable and why does this new law affect what I get now to the point that it can no longer be offered. I thought ACA was about providing health care insurance for everyone, yet for those who have it, they are back to being "free agents" as it were. Why?

16. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I'd say the vast majority of Americans do. Only a small, lunatic racist fringe keep going on about it. Sadly a few of them are in positions of power. But they're wasting their time having pretend votes to get rid of the ACA instead of maintaining a functioning government. So hopefully they'll get kicked out of office in the next election for being idiots.

17. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

So the Republicans well the tea baggers anyway are saying the majority of Americans don't want Obamacare yet he won the 2012 election with a bigger margin than either of George W. Bush's victories (where Republicans claimed he had a mandate for his polices though they denied Obama had mandate).

The Demorats retained control of the Senate and picked up more votes nation wide in the Congressional races but weren't able to pick up seats due to gerrymandering.

And the U.S voters didn't want this policy? Surely then they would have voted for Romney to save them from it and given the GOP control of the Senate?

18. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The American people don't know what's best for them. That's why the GOP has to force it down our throats. Even though they created it originally and are only against it because Obama supported it.

We clearly have a problem with healthcare in America. But do they have a solution? No, they just don't want Obama to get credit if the ACA works well. That's it. What's best for the people and the country isn't important, it's all about who gets points over it. They would set the country on fire if they thought it would make Obama look bad.

19. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

The purpose of the ACA is to make health insurance more accessible and affordable, particularly for those who could not previously afford it (or who could not get it at any price.) It also set new minimum standards for what plans can be offered, which is why some plans are no longer available and why many plans have gone up in cost. Whatever increases are attributable to the ACA are due to the better benefits that must be offered. So, if you are going from $233 a month to $300, you're getting more services at $300 than you did at $233. Whether you use them or not is up to you, but that's the idea.

Some people are going to have to pay more, but that's just how it goes. Increases were happening across the board before the ACA was passed, too. It's an ongoing problem and one that will likely take additional legislative action to address, if we could ever hope for any.

20. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well surely the test abot PPACA can come in the 2014 mid-terms. If it as unpopular as certain members of the Republic party say it is. Just have you candidates number one pledge be to repeal the PPACA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.