U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by CrazyMatt, Jan 14, 2014.

1. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

3. CrazyMatt

4. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Crazy Matt, I'm guessing you only looked at the pictures in that thread and not at who posted them, otherwise you'd have seen the artist who created the covers you're looking for. Which by an amazing coincidence is me. ;)
    I rarely visit the forums dedicated to specific shows, so I didn't see your post. It was a surreal experience to say the least!

I'm astounded that you found those old pics at The Astrobar as I thought they'd been wiped during one of the board changes. As for "are there more?"

Short answer: Yes. Though they may not have the uniform look of the originals. It has been a decade since I posted those pics.

I'll probably start a thread about it in the Fan Art section as that's a more appropriate venue for it's discussion. Thanks for the kind words, it's always fun to see someone enjoy this stuff!

5. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

The publishers of "These Are The Voyages" liked it too!

Neil

6. CrazyMatt

Excellent. Superb. Highest Kudos. Please point me in the direction of the new thread you mentioned, as I'm dying to see any others.

I'm bandying about the idea of doing a few myself, for my favorite episodes at least (Doomsday Machine, Ultimate Computer, etc.). I'd love to see if they're already part of your collection!

7. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Thanks! They are and you can see the front cover of Ultimate Computer in the thread Mysterion linked to. I need to work up the back cover, but first I need to remember my specific take on UC. Doomsday Machine front is also done (has been for a couple of years) like UC, need the back text.

8. CrazyMatt

These covers are also reminiscent of the Battlestar Galactica paperbacks that came out in the 80s after the (original) series had been cancelled. These were excellent books that provided a lot of backstory while remaining faithful to the actual televised episode.

[​IMG]

It would be great if some talented writer did likewise with TOS episodes, which is what The Lensman's (and other's) covers simulate. Inspired by the BSG books mentioned above, years ago I pondered the idea of writing 'the story before the story' of "The Doomsday Machine." The first half would have introduced the crew of the Constellation to the reader and then told the story of their fateful battle with the Planet Eater. The second half would have then been based on the events seen in the actual episode. Alas, it remains just a nice idea all these years later.