Every Episode Viewed and Ranked in Five Days!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Indysolo, May 10, 2013.

1. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

As the companion to my reply-less "Watch People Watching Star Trek" thread (143 [and counting] viewers can't be wrong!) I'd like to share with you what it was all about.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqckmbYDzw4&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

My friends hosted a five day event where they screened and ranked 16 episodes of Star Trek per day over five days (in broadcast order). It was an open invitation to join and I was there for a little more than half of it. We all had a great time viewing the original Star Trek with a crowd of people, some who had never seen them and others who were very familiar with it. We viewed them from the Blu-rays with the original effects, with the exception of "The Menagerie" (because "The Cage" had been viewed just a few hours earlier) and "The Doomsday Machine" because...well just because. Obviously the final rankings are not meant to be definitive (but are probably a pretty accurate consensus), it was just a great deal of fun watching Trek with a roomful of fans and friends.

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

It got no replies, so you posted it again??

:shrug:

3. Indysolo

Not at all. The previous thread was only a link to a real-time webcam so that people could watch and interact as the marathon took place.

4. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

The choice of music cues from the TOS masterpiece box set is most effective and well done as are the poses that relate in some fashion to the episode being rated. I did tune in sproadically throughout the 5 days and enjoyed from afar. Were I not on the East coast I would have surely participated in the entire marathon! A brilliant idea that should be repeated by other fans.

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Well, it's the same subject matter.

It's not a big deal, I guess. I'll leave this open in case anyone else wants to join in.

6. marsomthing

marsomthing Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I dig it, and would love to do something like that one day!

7. Indysolo

I got many calls from the editor of this piece asking for music suggestions. Glad you enjoyed that aspect.

Oh cool! I frequently turned to the webcam to say hello. Hopefully when you tuned in you found us entertaining and not distracting. :)

8. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmmmm.... "By Any Other Name" gets a higher poll score than "The Doomsday Machine"?

This must be the same polling group that told us that Devo was a better group than The Beatles.