Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Alexis Denisof for Doctor Strange. :p

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yes, because all spies in previous works of fiction have always been dull-looking and ordinary, as in the James Bond documentaries.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hasn't that been going on since the show was announced anyway?

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

And I, for one, look forward to it. Whedon has always surrounded himself with great talent, with both actors that he has worked with before, and new actors. I doubt that there will be any "stunt casting". If he re-uses actors, it's probably because he knows they're good, can do the job, and that they work well together.

For that matter, a lot of TV/Film makers tend to re-use the same talent. How many times has Tim Burton worked with Johnny Depp?

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The newest 30 second spot looked good and showed hopefully we just wont be doing spy vs spy but bringing in lower level b and c villians and heros here. One of my big hopes for the show it to see an armoury where captured equipment is stored. Just little things like Stiltmans legs or Porcupines armor sitting dusty in a room would be cool.

6. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm hoping they have Dum Dum Duggan on ice somewhere and wheel him out at some point.

7. Turtletrekker

^And Gabe Jones.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The Luke Cage comment for the guy rescuing the woman from a 6th floor building makes sense. If you pause it as he lands he is clearly wearing yellow pants and Power Man Cage has yellow in his motif. Shirts mostly but still.

I'm hoping for Moon Knight as a candidate myself. Marc Spector mercenary along with his Grant rich Playboy and other guises seems like, on paper, a possible good fit for some stories when necessary.

9. Christopher

Someone who studied the teaser found an image of a character called Rage in the montage of comic-book panels under the Marvel logo at the beginning, leading to the suggestion that that's the character Richards is playing, rather than Luke Cage. I guess it remains to be seen.

Agents of SHIELD strikes me as a good opportunity to fold in those characters that Marvel was trying to develop for TV a few years ago but abandoned, like Jessica Jones (whose series would've featured Luke Cage) and Mockingbird (who'd be a natural fit for a SHIELD series). Heck, the concept lends itself to a ton of backdoor Marvel pilots.

10. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

And lets face it Jessica Jones knows all about backdoor action

WHACKA WHACKA WHACKA.

11. Christopher

I was really hoping nobody would make that pun...

12. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Couldn't resist, you did a perfect straight man set-up.

13. Turtletrekker

God, I hope not. Rage is one of the lamest-ass characters in all the history of lame-ass characters.

14. Christopher

I wouldn't know. But lame comics characters have been redeemed in screen adaptations before -- see Mr. Freeze.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

This show looks great and all (definitely my cup of tea), but I am curious about one thing. How involved will Joss be say versus his past shows?

16. Christopher

Probably not too much, since he's busy with movies. The day-to-day showrunners will be Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jeffrey Bell, though no doubt they'll be reporting to Whedon.

17. Turtletrekker

Newsarama ranked him as the seventh worst Avenger of all time. I think that they were being generous.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I hope you're not talking about Batman & Robin....

19. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

I hope he's referring to B:TAS.

20. Christopher

I am, of course, referring to how B:TAS's Paul Dini took the formerly obscure, lame villain Mr. Freeze and created a new personality and backstory for him that's defined him ever since.