Ancient Aliens

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by BillJ, Jun 19, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uhh.. skyscrapers. Bridges. Massive dams.

2. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Why not? We send folks to 3rd world countries to help feed, clothe, medicate and educate the folks there...could be something similar. I could envision aliens landing here, long ago and teaching the primative people how to build and do things....double it if the aliens might get something in return. It could be anything...when it comes to dealing with someone from another world...anything could happen, since their mentality might be completely different from us. Think of this, there might be aliens who are more humane than any human would hope to be. And I especially go with that since UFO sightings have been increasing, a lot, since we made atomic bombs. I've read about and listened to sightings where nuclear silos are essentially 'switched off' by objects that move with incredible speed and so on.

I've seen many weird objects in the sky that define explainations (most sightings out there can be explained, but 5% can not, and that 5% equels to thousands of signtings...that's a big number), and studied many odd things like crop circles, Cydonia, and so on....and the world's not like what ya see on Fox news, MSNBC, etc...which might upset folks, sci-fi geeks especially, it seems. And the fact that many folks do believe we are not alone and that we are being visited....more so in other countries like Russia, South America and so on.....it's not a subject one can merely laugh at and make cheesy captioned pictures for an infantile lol moment.

3. The Castellan

And none can stand the test of time....the pyramids of egypt, south america, etc...they've been abandoned for thousands of years and they are still there....and they have impressive mathematical measures and properties. All our modern stuff would be destoyed by nature in a very short time if abandoned. Plus they are no way as close in magitude as the ancient structures were....no artitect or engineer could make any of them today.

4. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    So, where does Atlantis fit into all this? Wouldn't some pre-cataclysmic advanced human civilization be more likely a helper of primitive cultures than some some wondering star travelers we've never met before or since?

5. teacake

I will tell you my story.

For years I had a phobia about aliens. Not a full blown diagnosable phobia but a big time freak out. They gave me the creeps. Not Vulcans mind you, REAL aliens. I remember when that book Communion by Strieber was in all the book shop windows, just the sight of it was like a cold and clammy fist clenching in my guts. My sister used to make fun of me about this, she would tease me that I could never go to Sedona.

I could not watch a whole lot of the X-files because of this. There is one X-files episode where they are trapped underground in a railway carriage? Or something, maybe bunkers.. and the whole bunker is stuffed with these disgusting creepy grey aliens like the Strieber cover. That was the single worst thing I had ever seen on television.

Anyway.. I didn't talk about this too much because people look at you like you're an idiot or say "but you like wookies" as if that is in any way the same thing. But years ago I was on a forum where this creepiness came up and I talked about my feelings of sickening horror at real aliens (which, btw, I fervently hoped were not actually real.) And this dude on the forum who was something of a guru for alternative ideas very sincerely explained to me that all these awful feelings plus a dream I had repeatedly from age 4 to 17 was ALL because I had been abducted. This was my PTSD residue.

And after hearing someone say that in complete seriousness, and elaborate on and on about it I lost all fear of the Communion face alien and now I just think they look retarded.

6. The Castellan

How would it be any more believable than alien visitation?

And given the fact that many people seeing objects in the sky, that move in ways that accordign to physics sohuld not happen, something tells me they are still here.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

This is completely false. we could build exact replicas of any ancient monument with ease and much quicker than ancient man did. The only issue is getting someone to pay for it.

Do not belittle our ancestors by suggesting they were not able to construct these monuments on their own just because YOU can't. And don't try and belittle Star Trek fans because we require um, I don't know, scientific proof for extraordinary claims? Gee, what an idea, science fiction fans being big on science!

Ancient aliens has no more credibility than creationism.

8. Gov Kodos

But we know today that there are many states of civilization, from hunter gather tribes still living in near stone age states, to the advanced cultures of Europe and North America. Why should humans have been any different before the last ice age? Some very advanced, enough so to be taken for gods by lesser cultures, like happened with the cargo cults of the Pacific in World War II.

9. The Castellan

Well, if you were abducted by aliens, there's nothing to be ashamed of....just because folks make Cartman jokes or whatever....guess what....those folks who make the jokes are often the ones plopped in front of the TV, melting thei brains with American Idol, TMZ, and Sunday afternoon football while stuffing partially hydrogenated soybean oil and monosodium glutimate into their pie holes. Same for those guys making Wookie jokes......that's like shit telling vomit it stinks.

Now, keep in mind I am sure there's good aliens, and then there's bad aliens....the anicent aliens show even goes over that topic. And not all abductions are bad, many folks also had good things come from it happening. Also, you mightbe scared for just fear of the unknown.....fear's the ultimiate poison....but it can be controlled.

Personally, I envy you and would LOVE to have the aliens come by and pay me a visit. In fact, I am planning to soon start designing my own Nazca line type picture on my property, and using mathematical and sacred geometry as a basis for it.

From my own studies, there's at least 100 different aliens stoping by here, and the greys are just one of those. There's no reason to fear....personally, I think they fear us more, because with all the bullshit we're using with the technology we got now, atomic weapons, and so on. We're like an axe murderer that stumbled upon a magic lamp and were offered 3 wishes....destruction and misery is something we humans are quite skilled at. I think they just don't want us to destroy ourselves and probably so we don't become the equivilent to Trek's Terren Empire....and Deckard, I am merely using that Trek reference as an example of what we might become one day, so there's need to to nitpick that reference, thank you. :techman:

10. Gov Kodos

Do you really expect a truly alien species, one that evolved completely independent of Earth would be in any way psychologically similar to us? Surely, a pre-ice age advanced civilization that left Earth for Mars and created Sidonia. Intermittently returning to Earth to help the lesser cultures and also evolving themselves over time to an outer space environment is more likely?

11. teacake

I'm actually pretty fond of monosodium glutimate which was developed by the Japanese from seaweed. It's been demonized unfairly. Don't eat it if you fear it, but I find it quite buzzy myself.

What good things have people had happen to them?

Wait, I already know the answer to that, I live in Hippy Country. Yeah yeah, messages of peace and good will about the coming third age of somethingorother.
    Why would they want to come here if they have interstellar travel? We are dull.

12. teacake

This is where god comes into it.

13. Gov Kodos

Would this be the alien god, or the god alien? I get them confused.

14. The Castellan

To answer in that order:

Monosodium Glutimate gives me incredible headaches.

Those folks first learned they are not alone. Some were even taken for a joy ride throughout space (hell, the book of Enock, which was conveniantly taken out from the bible, big suprise, I think might have actually been one of the oldest alien abductions, if it happened.) and shown what's there. And some even developed strong physchic abilities and empathetic powers Both me and my mom think she's an abductee, because she has had times where she felt she lost time, and often wakes up in the morning with odd puncture like marks on the inner elbow in this patten
    :::: and she has no clue where they came from, plus she has some weird object behind her ear, akin to an implant.
    I've watched videos of a doctor trying to remove a person's implant, and the darned thing actually moved away from the doctor's extraction tools. Plus many times the implants that are collected are made of materials they can't even recognize often and so on.

Nothing wrong with peace and good will, I know that sickens some folks, but why not give it a try, ya dig?

To observe us, learn about us, maybe even give us a helping hand, maybe they influenced us, or even effected our evolution. Scientists keep trying to find that missing link between us and olde hominids, it's possible genetic manipulation was done, we're just learning it now, imagine what a millon/billion year old civilization could do? I mean if Star Trek (lay off Deckard :p ) can have stories about people in space ships searching for and observing strange new life, and new civilizations, why could there not be a real thing out there by some advanced, civilized society? Hell, if I really wanted to use an episode in comparison, I could see us at that civilization in the TNG episode "First Contact" or "Who watches the watchers"

I'm hoping to be able to head to a few different states and Mexico to study some of the unusual structures for myself, maybe even crack some puzzle of code if lucky. I'd also love to go to some of the crop circles.

15. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

16. teacake

I think if aliens are truly interacting with humans we need a cohesive theology to explain it.

This is not about the great computer behind every belief. It is about the belief that drives us to desire more than circuitry to be behind events. More than circuitry of the machine and more than circuitry of the brain. I'm speaking of a circuitry of the soul.

I would be interested to know if The Castellan thinks there is some kind of god who is god to both aliens and humanity.

17. The Castellan

Well, I want to to sit back and try to envision this, regardless what ya you think about my posts:

Picture that you were a primative person, say some shepard somewhere in Greece or whatever. A spaceship lands and outsteps these alien beings with incredible technology, I could easily see some of these people thinking those guys were gods. And if we were genetically manipulated or altered, maybe they used their own genes to make us, like the whole "we were created in god's image" Also, while still on the bible, one bit in Genesis always confused me was of being fruitful and replenishing the Earth....replenish what, though? It tells me there was once a state of plenishment, at some earlier time. Hell, one thing that annoys some folks is when I suggest their Christ might have been an alien...I mean he supposedly had all these gnarly powers, I could see some alien being do that. I say this since legends, myth and scriptures like that often have some hint of truth to them in some form.

Also, some of the other folks, like the Native Americans say not only were the sky people from the stars, but they themselves come from there, too. I talk often to the old Indian guys when they have their pow wows in my neck of the woods, and have conversations with them when possible, and they are probably the best examples of anicent aliens, and they themselves say so.

18. teacake

Not really, it is included in the Apocrypha and read by Catholics and Orthodox.
    Okay I am NOT trying to slag off at your mom but my first thought was, puncture marks? Addict. Object behind ear? Tumor. Let's hope my cynicism is horribly off the mark.

See.. there you trip up. Can't even recognize? I would like cites for that. The universe is ENORMOUS and I will never be one to say "there are no aliens" or even "people's weird ass stories are all crap". But we have many wonderful tools to test such claims and it does believers (any believers) cause good to happily test and provide proofs.
    Dude, crop circles have been utterly disproved. I would not waste your time. I am sure there are other mysteries which have far more oomph.

As to "helping hand" and "influenced us", where would you speculate this has happened? Because everything seems pretty fucked as it is. I think if they have no prime directive they should be stepping up the interference levels.

19. teacake

Just to let you know, I may have my fun but I am not dissing your posts. I am genuinely interested in other people's beliefs and I am happy for people to share them.

The word means "fill". So it doesn't automatically refer to filling something that has depleted. Blame it on the KJV.

So from this I get that.. you don't believe in a divine power? You think there is a naturalistic reason behind everything, even if that reason is aliens?

20. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I think your 'even if' was superfluous, teacake.