Law & Order: SVU season finale (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mr. Laser Beam, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some of you may have seen the bit that one of the characters would be offed. It's true, but not any of the series regulars like Munch, Fin, etc. They killed off O'Halloran, the CSU tech. Damn shame, really. He was cool.

What's worse is, that it was Stuckey (the upstart ultra-nerd even-more-annoying-than-Wesley-Crusher CSU assistant) who killed him! Here's how it is: The SVU squad had collared an insane conspiracy nut (T3's Nick Stahl) but Stuckey screwed up the blood evidence collected thereby. Flummoxed with guilt, Stuckey not only planted the guy's fingerprints on evidence, but he killed two innocent people (a bystander, plus the perp's defense attorney), murdered his boss (O'Halloran) who was onto him, and tried to kill a judge!

This episode did have one of the best judge one-liners though. Stabler shows up at her house and he says "Apologies, Judge Donnelly, this isn't a social call." She looks at him and says "Then this is highly improper. (pause) And a pity." :guffaw:

Also it had a fairly hilarious scene at the end when Stabler is about to be killed by Stuckey, and Benson shows up. She does that good-cop-bad-cop thing she and Stabler are always doing to confuse suspects. But in the course of this, she has to really beat the hell out of Stabler! And she has to snog Stuckey, as well, which was a most revolting bit. :wtf:

(Side note: Does Noel Fisher - i.e. Stuckey - always play annoying losers like this? Trust me, Wesley on his WORST DAY was not this bad.)

2. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I knew Benson would turn up - I just predicted she'd put two bullets in the guy.

Now he's got the thought of snogging Benson to jerkoff to when he's in prison awaiting the execution.

As for beating the hell out Stabler - maybe she was channeling the views who've been pissed off with Elliot being a dick all season!

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I'm so glad Stucky is gone, that guy's been really pissing me off ever since he first appeared.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a pretty good episode and, I'll admit, that I didn't expect Stuckey to be the killer and thought it really was Stahl's character. Truth be told though I still think this was a little lackluster for a season finale (especially when both CM and MH have yet to sign on for another season). They should have ended it with the faceoff with the sound of gunshots and ended it there.

5. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guessed about halfway through the episode that Stuckey committed the subsequent murders, trying to make up for his error in some twisted way. After Nick Stahl exclaimed that he didn't kill the woman at the beach --and Stuckey finding that fingerprint on the soda can a little too easily-- it seemed logical that they were headed in that direction. I'm just glad Stuckey's gone, as he annoyed the piss out of me. I kind of wish Olivia had shot him up good, but oh well.

I agree it was kind of lackluster for a season finale. It certainly didn't seem to set up anything for next season, much of which appears to be up in the air. I'd assume that Meloni and Hargitay will be back, but you never know. And who's going to be the ADA? Greylek won't be returning (thankfully), so will somebody new come in? Could Alex Cabot possibly return for some more appearances next season? That might be kind of cool.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Next season on SVU, Coy Stabler and Vance Benson.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It's being rumored that Season 11 may have a Cabot/Novak tag team with alternating ADAs.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Novak was disbarred (last season's finale), so that would be rather difficult...

9. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Maybe the New York Bar Association can change it's mind :)

10. Mr. Laser Beam

I don't know. I always assumed that disbarment was permanent. Any offense that would cause something like this, is not likely to be one that can ever be made up for.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I actually believe that you can be readmitted after a set time period if you meet guidelines prescribed (and pass the review). I remember that in the season finale they suspended her for one year with an ABA review scheduled to occur one year after those events. It's also possible she passed the bar of another state and was admitted on a reciprocal agreement.

12. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the episode, but that Stuckey character was a freak. I'm glad I missed his earlier appearances.

O'Halloran was hot. :(

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I have to admit my favorite part: Munch's ex-wife.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I can't believe they killed O'Halloran! I know it was necessary for the story, which almost makes up for the annoying episodes of Stuckey's presence, but damnit I loved O'Halloran!

Quite on the contrary, until this episode, I was very disappointed that the writers were wasting his acting talent with a character like Stuckey. He had great guest appearances on Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Life and he was wonderful on The Riches, where I first saw him. Nonetheless, I'm still a little disappointed in seeing how he was utilized, but it was good to see him play a different kind of character.

15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Nick Stahl is a terrible actor.

At least, he was in T3.

16. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked him in Carnivale.

Sex on a stick. :techman: