NuTrek spinoff series: you're the producer

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by The Mirrorball Man, Jan 9, 2013.

1. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

What if you were in charge of producing a new Star Trek television series directly based on JJ Abrams' series of movies. The suits ask you to keep only one character/actor from the movies, and build a spinoff series around him or her.

What do you do? Karl Urban in "McCoy, Frontier Doctor"? Zoë Saldana in a futuristic spy show? Zachary Quinto in "Spock, the Last Vulcan"? What is the premise of the show, which main character do you pick and who are the show's other characters?

2. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I totally shake things up by secretly planning on having it back in the proper Prime Universe :lol:

I do liked the idea of a McCoy show. Ideally though, I'd want to see Number One's return.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

One unspoken element of my "what if" proposition is that you'd be a producer who'd actually be interested in keeping his job. :rommie:

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The most logical choice, of course, would be Spock, since he was the most popular character from TOS. Whether one could create an entire spinoff series with him as the lead however, remains to be seen.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Of course you create a spinoff starring Spock, and it woul be a huge hit.

NuSpock as a Star Fleet Academy Instructor, another main Actor as an Instructor who is Iconic in SciFi from a mayb Decade ago, like Nathan Fillion or Sara Michelle Gellar or Jeffrey Combs and then a bunch of 20-somethings as the Cadets, lots of Teen angst and bed hopping and put it on CW, oh nd have at least one of th cadets be from an alien species that are Vampires, you could have lots angst wth the character fighting the urge to feed or maybe a sexy female as a young Q cadet trying to fit in without her powers.

Now, of course, this porbably wouldn't be to the taste of alot of Trekkies begging for a new series, but, it would be a hit, I believe.

6. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I can't argue with that logic. :p

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Star Trek Kelvin, set before Kirk's birth. Captain Robau. Its NuTrek and Prime!!!

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pike and the Enterprise...the Enterprise before the one in the movie.

9. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

We know that nuSpock isn't above having an affair with at least one of his students, expand that a bit and you have a hit.

Season after season of Spock "tutoring" the female cadets.

10. Bry_Sinclair

Who then happen to get highly sought-after assignments in the fleet, funny that :vulcan:

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Smallville Trek/Starfleet Academy. It could be done with Kirk and McCoy or Spock and Uhura as principal characters.

Yes I know you said one character from the movies. But my idea needs two, dammit!

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Cupcake as the Sheriff on a frontier world.

13. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

With Keenser as the oddball sidekick!

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

It's fun to joke, but I'd almost be surprised if a new series wasn't this. At the rate he's going, it's only a matter of time before Tahir gets to lead a show. Why not Trek?

15. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

A series with a young Pike would probably be pretty cool, actually.

16. Mirror Sulu

Mirror Sulu Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'd have Q wipe the new timeline from existence.

Seriously, apart from Alt-Bones and Alt-Spock, most of the NuCrew are painfully bland.

17. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Quinto as spock, that way we can set it in the early 2300's, the "lost era" of Trek.

I don't mind the movies but we don't need a T.V series retreading old ground.

18. Bry_Sinclair

Would have to agree with the blandness. They're all just poor imitations of the originals (I'm not the hugest TOS fan, but it holds a special place in my heart, so I'm not fond of seeing it fiddled with).

Kirk - Just as big a jerk, although he is easier on the eye
    Spock - A Vulcan with serious anger and ethical issues (an intimate relationship with a student)
    McCoy - He was pretty decent, though didn't have much to do or any real development (I'm hoping for more in STID)
    Scotty - He was pretty decent as well (but then again I am Scottish and do love Simon Pegg, so a little biased)
    Sulu - Again they didn't do much with him, except give him a very cool sword
    Uhura - She became shrill, moody and scrawny (not exactly development)
    Chekov - He reminds me of Wesley (just with the bad accent), which is never a good thing

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the characters were the highlight of the movie, vibrant and colourful. And I'm a huge fan of the originals!

Each to their own, I guess.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

No.

Anyway...

Do the show on premium cable. Naked Zoe Saldana. Just a thought. :cool: