Jurassic Park 4 Coming June 14, 20...2014!!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bigdaddy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I have no clue how they plan on doing that, they better start filing the damn thing soon, I expect a lot of CGI dinosaurs killing people.

And there better not be any dino/dog/human hybrids in it. (Read the original script, if you don't get that.)

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/jurassic-park-4-release-june-13-2014-steven-spielberg/

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am totally down. The franchise definitely needed a break, but I think a new installment could be a lot of fun.

3. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Yay - birthday present for me!!!

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Rexes in 3D?

... Yeah, I'm there. :p

5. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

Hmmm im curious. One would assume they need to start shooting relatively soon if they're gonna make that release date. Laura Dern better be in this.

6. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

She was in the last one...

7. bigdaddy

There has been rumours of several scripts / rewrites taking place in the end of 2012, so maybe they are further along and don't want to release any info because of what happened with the last script.

(Or it will just be delayed like always)

And Godzilla and JP4 in one month! Win!!!

I doubt any of the older stars will be a main character in this movie. Maybe cameos. It's being written by the writers of the last Apes movie, so that's a good thing.

8. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Really, I'm going to pull out and use the remake card, something that I'm not prone to want to use. I think a remake of the first movie is called for, possibly something darker and more in tone with the book. As much of a Spielbergian classic the original movie is it's, well, filled with that Spielberg shmaltzy kiddy/familyness to it.

Remake the first book with the darker tones present in it. I suppose also along those lines making the dinosaurs better match up with present-day beliefs on them.

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

As much as I didn't care for Jurassic Park III (Sam Neill aside), I'm actually looking forward to this.

I would also like to see both Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill to return.

10. bigdaddy

Sam Neill has said he would never ever in 65 million years ever make another JP movie unless the pilot is about T-Rexs stumping on every Walmart in the world.

The last part is not made up. :lol:

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the kids will be back. Joseph Mazzello is still working and said he was interested in a part. And Ariana Richards is making a return to acting and said that she's interested as well.

[​IMG]

12. bigdaddy

He was the preacher on Justified recently. I think they would be good in the movie, a brother and sister fighting dinosaurs together.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Hopefully they're able to come up with a really good story, because the novelty of seeing CG dinosaurs on the big screen wore off quite a while ago for me (especially since nearly every fantasy movie that comes out nowadays has some kind of giant CG creature in it).

14. bigdaddy

The dinosaurs are not all CG, they are robots.

15. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember seeing the first one in the theatre. That was a great time :) Glad to see Spielberg's back for this one.

And even though the second movie wasn't all that great, I'm still partial to it, since one of my Uncles is a paleontologist and was used as a source for the novel.

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Personally, I think a better direction would be a new story that is also a reboot. That way there they're not retreading old ground, and they're also not tied to the continuity of a franchise which hasn't been active for over a decade.

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Seriously can't see what a 4th film could be about. Trapped on the island, again? Dinosaurs coming to the modern world, wreaking havoc, again?

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

True, but with advances in technology it's likely the dinosaurs in the new movie WILL be all-CGI. Or at least to a much greater degree.

And I've seen more than enough giant CG creatures by now that it's hard to get too excited about it anymore, sadly.

20. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bet they go with Andy Serkis in a mocap suit for the dinosaur effects, since they had great success with The Lord of the Rings, King Kong, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes :p