Pre TOS star cruiser....

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Warped9, Sep 6, 2013.

1. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

You have taken Hercules forward. What may have come before? An enzmann starhip with a bulb at the head that became living quarters--pointing towards the Daedalus?

2. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I'm shifting gears for a bit. My next project will be a TOS era ship: my take on the FJ type destroyer, what I call the Masao-class.

Before Starfleet there was UESPA who braved the vast dark...

[​IMG]

Lord Other likes this.
  3. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

For some reason, the lower left looks really fake to me... I bet it's the lighting... But the other three are freakin' awesome. You have real talent!

--Alex

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Odd, because the lighting levels are exactly the same in all of them. Because of the slightly reflective nature of the hull it reflects some light onto other surfaces and so areas in shadow can still have a small measure of light in them. The only parts that would be completely dark are where no light could possibly be reflected onto. The background is basically a circular wall or screen image around the model, one that I sometimes have to adjust in offset (up or down) depending on the angle or view I have of the model, but no light or reflection comes off the background. The background does have some element of depth to it because I used Photoshop to create the scene in several layers and then I finished it as an HDR image. This allows me to put the model right within a more realistic setting when rendered.

5. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Gorgeous work as always, Warped9. :)

6. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Nice work here.

That's a rather large ship for the TOS-era, isn't it?

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

It's deceptive because of it's chunky look. It's actually about 250 feet shorter that the TOS Enterprise and correspondingly not as wide or tall either.

8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Spot on.

9. -SS-

-SS- Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You've created a beautiful and believable lineage in these ships. I really love them.

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Thanks. It occured to me today that this is one of the few things that has stayed with me as long as I can remember. I've been drawing spaceships since I can recall first holding a pencil and I've never stopped being fascinated with it.