The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember getting a bunch of figures from that era just to get little tables and cups and such. Cool, nerdy accessories.

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Got a bunch of new outfits for my American Girls! Julie and Ivy have decided to do 50s themed costumes for Halloween:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love the roller skates!

[​IMG]

I finally named my Truly Me AG- Emma Louise. She got a new outfit, too!

[​IMG]

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    And some figures like the Yoda with Kybuck came with a bonus figure or accessories that were actually larger than the main figure itself. The amount of plastic inside some of those 2007-10 figure bubbles was generous to the point of bordering on lavish. We may never see that much plastic on basic 3.75" cardbacks again, at least not for $10 (or less) per figure.

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

So i took my new friend outside to explore the planet.. fortunately there were no jawas near by
    [​IMG]

5. cooleddie74

Cool! Which electronic version is that?

6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Sphero Version :)
    He's is to scale with my six inch R2 D2 (not the black series scale R2.. the one that is six inches tall) and my 12 inch Kylo Ren

7. cooleddie74

Ah, the 12"-scale R2-D2 that's actually just six inches tall. Gotcha. :)

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

9. Flying Spaghetti Monster

He is fantastic.. by far the best Star Wars toy to come out in years (and I say that as a fan of the new angry Chewie toy)

10. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just got the new Miworld AMC Theater Diorama set. It's so awesome. I also spiced it up some. Who knew the Mario Bros were James Bond fans. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

If only Hasbro would release dioramas and playsets that look as good as that for their 3.75" Star Wars figure lines! The idea of a Death Star or Jabba's Palace environment with a lot of screen-accurate detail has always excited collectors and we know in this day and age they'd be fairly expensive, but after 20 years of the Modern Era and just a handful of fairly limited-in-scope 3.75" playsets released during that time a lot of people would love to see new ones released. Ones that more accurately reflected the movie environments, even if they cost a lot more than they once would have.

12. CaptainMurdock

I hear that. It's hard to find good playsets these days. I love the JAKKS Pacific Miworld diorama's. I currently have three. The Italia Pizza Place, Dairy Queen and AMC Theater Playsets. What's nice is that they are easy to assemble and take apart for storage. And each set comes with a whole bunch of nice accessories, they even sell accessory packs for the corresponding playsets. Lately I've been hitting it lucky at Goodwill and yardsales and collecting stuff to build my own playsets and action figure set pieces. :)

13. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

I am working on a playset, but I don't want to say too much and jinx it. I am having enough trouble sticking with it with my wife finding ways to suck all of my creative energy out of me, and not in the good way unfortunately.

CCC.

14. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

The AMC one is rather funny to me since I like the local AMC theater we have here. I go there often for movies. :lol:

15. cooleddie74

The AMC Theater diorama would be entertaining with a bunch of Stormtroopers lining up to buy popcorn and boxes of candy. :)

16. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

Has anybody checked out the large, $10 figures from Dollar General? I saw them last night... and was like, ummmm... not so sure about these. Their quality seems suspect.

17. CaptainMurdock

For mine, I added the miniature candy I got on ebay. What's a theater without candy? :)

Sadly it's not that big but it does give me some ideas to make my own miniature theater room for a future project. here's the whole thing in it's entirety. The phone clip it comes with to imitate a theater screen was ingenious.
    [​IMG]

18. cooleddie74

Yeah, and they're the same 12" figures with limited articulation that are also carried by the big box stores for the same price or a few cents less. I like a few of them but you really have to want to buy these 12", simplified figures with often missing or sloppy paint apps. They're good as static shelf displays or left inside the box but not that practical when loose and played with, at least not from an adult collector's point of view.

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Kylo Ren in that picture is the 12 inch version, it had to suffice as I couldn't find the 6 inch black series version. The feet and the cloak blend together at the bottom and it has no articulation. Still, he adds a lot of character to my overall display (not to mention he's in scale with my droids).

20. cooleddie74

The 12" Kylo Ren may be simple and can't do much, but he does look great as a shelf or boxed display. Arguably the best 12-inch figure of the past couple of years.