The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force by Dan Wallace

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just wanted to know if anyone here has purchased the so-called Vault Edition and what they thought of it? I've been reading reviews on theforce.net and they've been overwhelmingly in favor of the book. I was on the fence towards it until I started reading the reviews and saw a review of it on youtube and saw all the cool features and things it has in it. I'm asking my parents for the book since it's pretty hefty at over a hundred bucks Canadian. There is no word yet on a non-Vault release of it. There are cool things like several pages missing because Darth Maul tore those pages from the book. Jedi Temple diagrams and schematics. All kinds of cool stuff.

http://www.amazon.ca/Jedi-Path-Manual-Students-Force/dp/1603800964/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's written by Dan Wallace so it's just pages and pages of fan-wank.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which means it's pure awesomeness. What else did you think it would be? There is actually a real life reason those pages are torn out of the book...Lucas Film told Wallace not to include the section on the Chosen One because presumably they are doing something with it either in the EU and or in the Clone Wars series. I can't imagine what though.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Got this recently. Just the book, not the vault release. It's a nice little primer on Jedi philosophy. For a ficticious "religion", it's got some decent stuff in it. I'm looking forward to the Sith book coming in March.