Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Shaggy has a last name!?!? :wtf:

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

His full name is Norville "Shaggy" Rogers.

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Don't feel too bad; even Shaggy can't remember that. Of course, he has an excuse... ;)

4. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know you've mentioned this issue several times before, but this is the first time it has annoyed me. In the past, this was the kind of nutty thing Castle would go on about just to get a reaction out of Beckett -- and it was amusing to watch. But the fact he was serious about the Bigfoot stuff was ludicrous. They even had Alexis acknowledge that he believes in all these weird & crazy things, so it's not just our perception of the character that has changed -- it is his character that's changed, and not for the better IMO.

5. Christopher

I'm surprised you'd react that way to this and not to the knockoff of The Ring they did just a few weeks ago, where Castle was afraid he'd die because he watched a creepy video. At least believing in cryptids isn't totally unrealistic; there have been cases where previously undocumented animal species have been discovered, like the coelacanth. But in that one, not only did he believe in ghosts, but he seriously believed that a danger blatantly copied from the plot of a movie could be genuinely real.

6. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Who can we email to ... suggest they stop this trend?

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

:techman:

I still don't think he did believe it in that episode especially considering his behavior in the cabin, that it was a very elaborate maintenance of his "character" to fool Beckett. I think this is the first time we've had him outright admit that he believes - genuinely - in all this stuff; and honestly I'm just going to ignore it as part of a mostly-throwaway episode, however sweet the Caskett bedroom scene was.

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I took the whole bigfoot thing as Castle believes in more than science can explain right now. I don't think it was really out of character at all, it's just a forgetful episode that means nothing long term.

And because of the Bsoton Bombing...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  9. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And as a result of the switch we will see the aftermath/deeling of "something" that happened before we see what happens.

10. Christopher

Except he was acting just as fearful when Beckett wasn't around, like when he called Wes Craven. I agree that the cabin scene suggested he was playacting, but there was too much earlier in the episode which treated his fear as genuine. (Which is inconsistent character writing within the course of a single episode, another reason that one sucked.)

11. SAndrews10

My wife and I have decided to hold back 2 weeks and watch the episodes in the correct order. Hopefully whoever is in charge of putting the DVD's together is smart enough to put them in the correct order.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing happens.

It's Castle, in the 5 years only one event ever actually changed the show for the following week and that was the season 3 finale.

13. Christopher

From what I saw in the promo, it seems to me that the episode they've delayed is going to be a clip show, the story just an excuse for a bunch of flashbacks. Now, sometimes clip shows manage to be interesting and have some real substance that moves the story forward, but given the level of writing on this show lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it were completely disposable.

14. SAndrews10

The producers said there would be a few continuity issues do to the episode flop

15. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I plan to do the same.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'll just echo what a few others have said. I really don't like the fact that Castle is basically a conspiracy theory nut now. I much preferred it when he was just doing it to bug Beckett. I really hope they dial back that behavior in future episodes.

17. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

For the record, I didn't see anything this week that made me think I missed anything next week.

18. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I'm just watching the episode now, and going off the "recognizable guest star is the villain" thing, I sure hope Mr. Fantastic isn't it.

"Eric, do you know of anyone who would want to kill you?"
    "Well, there's Victor von Doom... Galactus... the Skrulls... have you got a pen? You'll want to get all of these down."

19. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

As well as every slave trader from England to South Africa,
    Plus Cal Hockley and maybe J. Bruce Ismay

:D

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Not to mention the entire French Navy. ;)