USS Enterprise bridge turbolift area schematic

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by moomrah, Dec 24, 2013.

1. moomrah

moomrah Cadet Newbie

[​IMG] Does anyone know if this diagram is available for sale? I didn't think it would be this difficult to find something so simple and cool :-) Im looking for a higher quality other than a poster too...maybe a plexi-glass type item

Thanks,
    ~bOb

2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I have NO idea how you got such a monstrous address for the image you were trying to link to, but this is it.

I see you're new here, buy just FYI you're not supposed to embed images from websites which aren't yours (like a photobucket account, etc.). Also inline images don't show up in posts from users with only a few posts to their credit (for SPAM control reasons I suspect).

3. moomrah

moomrah Cadet Newbie

Thanks! Yes that is the one I'm looking for and thanks for the advice about imbedding pictures. As you so cleverly pointed out Im just a cadet :-) Do you know where this might be availble for purchase?

~bOb

4. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You mean something like this??? PM me if interested.

[​IMG]

This graphic is very interesting because it is so wonky. Not sure if the ship design was nailed down yet when this was made. I can imagine that early in production they were constructing the set and trying to pin down the dimensions of the ship design. They probably thought that nobody would ever notice that the turbolift graphic was off, lol. Boy were they wrong! :)

5. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Enterprise was originally a smaller ship in The Cage, with a much smaller crew, correct? This graphic makes sense in that context.

6. Maurice

Sadly, that diagram is pretty inaccurate compared to the one Shaw drew up.

7. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOL, I know sadly its pretty inaccurate

8. moomrah

moomrah Cadet Newbie

9. Rulius

Rulius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's supposed to be turboshafts in the pylons?

10. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

11. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The reason the bridge is in red is because the diagram is on the bridge and so this serves as a "you are here" indicator. Any other diagrams like this elsewhere on the ship would no doubt have the corresponding deck level and/or area highlighted in red.

An example would be the pressure hull compartment diagram from “Day of the Dove” which shows those levels accessible in that situation highlighted in red, as opposed to those areas in which the rest of the crew are sealed off in, shown in different colors.

12. Robert Comsol

But the entire ventral saucer dome is also in red (accurately shown in Shaw's reproduction of the schematic), and they are most definitely not there. ;)

This schematic could merely serve as a damage indicator like this one from TWOK.

The pressure schematic is a can of worms. Notice that according to the side view of the saucer the entire saucer is pressurized but this contradicts the top view. And there should be at least one level that's pressurized until the hangar deck, but there isn't according to the side view.

Bob

13. Maurice

^^^You're assuming you know what the colors on that diagram mean.

14. Robert Comsol

According to the side view all saucer sections feature orange "hull pressure com[partmen]ts". Since this is the inhabitated area of the ship it stands to reason that most or all compartments there are pressurized which is neither necessary for the warp nacelles or usually the flight or hangar deck.

Bob

15. Maurice

Again, that's an assumption. Maybe it means sections which are related or connected to the same pressurization systems (or none). There's no way to know for sure.

16. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's because there's a horizontal turbo lift tube there, which is red like the verical ones. :p

17. Robert Comsol

Maybe you just solved the riddle we had been discussing in the tech section (post # 33 etc.), namely whether the TOS photon torpedoes would be solid casings or energy balls instead.

They used turbo lift cars as solid casings for photon torpedoes...:eek:

Bob ;)