BATMAN 3 RUMOR next Villian??

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PKerr, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

I disagree. If Angelina Jolie were to approach a portrayal of Catwoman with the same kind of sociopathic, semi-homicidal/emotional vulnerability wobble she used for her character in "Girl Interrupted" I think it might rival Ledger's Joker. And I say that as someone who LOVED Heath Ledger's Joker.

2. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Then what is? Catwoman? Non-Depp Riddler? Egghead?

It's Egghead, right?

Precisely. :)

I don't know. The scene doesn't make a lot of sense if they're not assuming he's dead, and anyway I think bringing him back would be a bit of a cheat. And I'd like to see him back. But I think it'd undercut that ending.

True but you'd have to drop the Pro-Wrestler thing IMHO. How important is that to the character? Yes, I'm aware it's an odd criterion: I can accept a clown as a villain but not a Pro-Wrestler. Well, clowns can be creepy and psychotic: Pro-Wrestlers are just unintentional humour - and decidedly campier than the more serious takes on the Riddler. Make him a strong intelligent guy whose wardrobe is a little bit more on the intidimating side and he'd be fine.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  3. kalysto

kalysto Captain Captain

The idea of Angelina Jolie in the next Batman fills me with dread. I just can't see how she would fit into the dark, gritty world Nolan created. She is too polished and generically sexy.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had an argument with a friend yesterday about whether Angela was nearly 40 or nearly 50. James McAvoy looked young enough to be her child in Wanted. She's coasting on nostalgia thinking she can pass for anything but a lady in her 30's who has had a lot of work done.

Dye her hair blue and cast her as Aunt Harriet.

5. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You are familiar with the way Selina Kyle/Catwoman's been written the last few years, yes?

6. LightSith

LightSith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

He said Nolan's world, not the way comics have been. If Nolan sticks with his current choices, he'll pick the actress best for the part. End of story.

Personally, I think Catwoman would make a fantastic addition to the next film. She would fit with the outlaw/redemption motif. She couldn't be a villain, but she'd make a great side character. I think the will probably be Gotham, but they would need a figure that represents it. That's the trick.

7. Guy Gardener

Catwoman is too obvious.

Been there. Done that.

There's Talia to consider which would reverberate off the first movie, however I would be curious if she'd be caste with a Arabic or Irish ancestry considering who played her father in the first movie?

Personally the rumors before the first movie that Rachel was really Talia got me stinking wet.

8. Haytil

Haytil Captain Captain

We knew about Ledger during the summer of 2006, and filming didn't begin until May of 2007. That's almost a year ahead of filming.

When they make announcements (probably next summer), it'll be the same information we got last time: The name of the movie, the director (Nolan), the fact that the old cast is returning (they're contracted to), and the primary villain (along with the actor, most likely).

And we won't get a drop more (or less) than that for another half-year or so afterwards.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Vice Admiral

I think the next actor to play a villain will be an off-the-wall choice, just like Ledger was.

10. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Maybe they'd do better thinking outside the box.

Me, I'd have Selina Kyle appear in the next film...as the name of a murdered prostitute. All the fan ire would soooo be worth it.

I'm curious if greed won't make them rush production of the next movie or have them film the next two sequels at the same time. Maybe if Nolan drops out. There was only 2 years between the releases of BATMAN FOREVER and BATMAN AND ROBIN. (The quality shows, but...)

11. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed, it was such a weird experience for me because I hadn't really seen Ledger in anything since... that Knight movie... Teen Knight? Young Knight?...

12. Guy Gardener

First Knight... No. Knights tale.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I still hold out for Batzarro.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I'm not thinking clearly this evening. Who is that?

15. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I hope Batman is the villain.

16. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

The brilliant Michael Emerson from Lost. Great idea, Stone_Cold_Sisko! :bolian:

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'll probably be something unexpected, like Tom Cruise as Deadshot and Ryan Gosling as Riddler.

18. Guy Gardener

Tom Cruise wouldn't be able to do a Batman movie with a Straight face.

The Bat has diddled two of his wives behind his back, after a fashion.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I like the Michael Emerson as the Riddler idea. My own choice has been David Hyde-Pierce from Frasier. In Dark Victory, the Riddler is drawn to look very like him. But Emerson would be a fairly similar choice - smug, smart and creepy.

I'd prefer to see Paul Giammatti or Toby Jones for the Penguin, but wouldn't complain if Hoffman was cast.

I agree with Norrin Radd's comments that the actors for whatever characters are in the next movie will be unexpected. No-one saw Ledger coming or Cillian Murphy for Scarecrow. In a year, we'll all be marvelling that Nolan has cast two apparently strange choices for the movie - in another 2 years, we'll be marvelling at how good they are, while swearing that we knew they'd be great all along.