final episode...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by secretreeve, Apr 4, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thank you, Melakon.

:: sniffs::

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are you super tall to be able to do this or are you pulling the Janeway maneuver by standing on the highest object in the room? ;)

3. teacake

My fingers are dripping with condensation as I type. It's not the heat, it's the humidity.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Witty! I was worried for a moment you might not like me! Now I just realized I got you all hot and sweaty. Mission accomplished? :rolleyes:

5. teacake

If you've ever had a bead of sweat hanging off the end of your nose and you've tried to look at it by crossing your eyes because your hands are occupied but you're compelled to at least see if even if you can't wipe it you know that looking down your nose at people is over rated.

6. Lenny Nurdbol

Lenny Nurdbol Lieutenant Commander

He was never alive in the first place... The whole point of the final episode was that E was one big holo novel...

If fans could accept that, I could live with it...

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I beg to disagree, you know instantly if you've been insulted by a Brit.

It's realtively easy to tell when a Brit is being condesceding and when they aren't.

8. teacake

Who are these mystery people, the brits?

9. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

They sent their intellectuals to Australia.

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

That's for us Brits to know, and the rest of you to find out (or not depending on if we decide to let you) ;)

11. Melakon

I admit I exaggerated a bit. ;)

I've only known a few people personally from Great Britain. The first was a family ironically celebrating America's 4th of July holiday with fireworks (which they called bangers), and introduced me to bangers and mash. Another was a fellow from Bristol who lived in my building a couple of years, and knew how to turn a phrase.

I'd love to visit the country as my ancestors came from there about 375 years ago departing from Devonshire, but I'll never have the money for a trip unless I start playing the lottery.

12. teacake

Australia is better, come here instead.

13. Melakon

Australians speak English, so that's somewhere I also consider since I'd adapt more easily I think. The only foreign country I've been to was Canada for a couple of weeks when I was 16 or so. If I did win a lottery, I'd probably relocate to another country just to see more of the world.

14. teacake

Well in that case the UK is the way to go since you can take a train to all of Europe !

15. Melakon

But I don't know any other languages. I took Spanish and French in high school, but remember none of it. I got forced into the Spanish class because I didn't choose an elective, and the teacher was a middle-aged white guy with a glass eye or something, you could never tell who he was looking at. I only took French because the teacher was a woman, 27, and hot (rare in 1969 classrooms).

Ironically, my neighborhood is now about 75% Hispanic, so remembering Spanish would help, as some Latino store personnel either seem to not speak English or don't want Anglos' money.

16. teacake

You don't need other languages to go to Europe, english is commonly spoken and tourists are catered to. As to the Spanish, maybe you could take a class now. I bet it would be a lot easier since you are living around the language.

17. Melakon

Still, I found it interesting that you first invite me to Australia, then when I mentioned relocating if winning the lottery, you push me off onto our friends of the Isles. :shifty:

I keep thinking I need to get a Hispanic girlfriend as a motivation for learning Spanish again. But most of the ones I know are married and/or have kids. Oddly, my apartment complex has a lot of refugees from Nepal.

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'm sure quite a few of us might consider emmigrating if we won big on a Lottery, I mean I would consider it Canada, New Zealand or Australia do sound nice. But there is a difference between visting and living in another country. After all there is so much to consider, uprooting your family if you have one, leaving your friends/other family behind etc.. Are we moving because we thing the grass is greener?

That's assuming you don't mind rain 364/5 days of the year. :p Were a touch of snow brings the transportation network to a standstill and if the sun does manage to beat away the rain for a any length of time a hosepipe ban is put in place. ;)

19. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Agreed it wasn't the ending ENT deserved.

I've met Marina Sirtis, she was lovely and very funny.

20. Melakon

That was partly it originally. In 1980, I had been divorced a few years, was still in the dumps about it, and was convinced Ronald Reagan would destroy America, and this is from someone whose first vote went to Nixon. But I knew the family roots traced to England before 1776, but didn't learn of Devonshire as the departure point (around 1640) until 5 years ago. It would be interesting to see if I could go back any farther.

I had travel guides, imported road maps, etc., and wasn't sure where I wanted to settle if I moved there, but wanted to be outside of London. In the 80s I was favoring the Midlands.