"Guilty Little Pleasure Episodes"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by JediKnightButler, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

+1

In terms of enjoying something that many people seem to dislike it would be "Move Along Home".

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was a fun episode with the power struggle. I love how they kept that prop in his office too. :)

3. Kabraxal

Kabraxal Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Considering I feel there are only two really questionable episodes (can't remember the titles exactly but...) the episode with molly getting trapped out of time and Darkness and Light (the cardassian going after Kira and her old resistance fighter friends). I just didn't care for either that much.. still, being the lowest of the DS9 eppies is still putting you above a lot of TV out there in my mind. So I can't call them guilty pleasures. I can watch them and I don't hate them.. they just aren't the greatest examples of what DS9 is to me.

4. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

Amen to that! I'll take my least favorite episode of DS9 over most current TV shows any day.

By the way, welcome to the Trek BBS, Kabraxal!

5. Kabraxal

Kabraxal Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Thanks. Been rewatching DS9 again and sadly, most of the people I know don't watch Star Trek period so no geeky conversations *humphs*.. whipper snappers! /notbeingthatold

ANd speaking of.. just as I finished that post, that Darkness and Light episode started up! Actually got the tittle mostly right. Woot.

6. tafkats

tafkats Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoy "Move Along Home," which most people seem to regard as one of the first season's weaker episodes, and "If Wishes Were Horses," which doesn't seem to be as poorly regarded but still isn't usually listed as being all that good.

7. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I am really surprised at how may people list In The Cards in this thread. That episode has never been regarded as a weak episode - at least around here. In fact, it has routinely been considered one of the more popular 'comedy' episodes of DS9.

For me, the 'guilty pleasure' episode is Resurrection. I loved Bareil and was happy to see him back as Bad Boy Bareil. This was not a popular episode - especially among male fans....but I loved it. :D

8. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Valiant.

I don't know how well it's liked, I know a whole bunch of people don't like the whiny red squad team but I liked the premise of another Defiant class ship stuck behind enemy lines.

9. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

10. Blackhorse47

Blackhorse47 Ensign Newbie

Another vote for Move along Home. And I've always been fascinated by Fascination.

11. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I really enjoy "Move Along Home" and "Meridian".

12. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Oh God... those Fair Haven episodes. :lol:

Thanks for the factoid. I didn't know they originally planned to do a leprechaun.

I like to re-watch "The Ascent" because of the funny banter between Quark and Odo. I think it's usually regarded as a decent episode, but yeah it's the one I enjoy re-watching when I feel like laughing.

Also any episode with really funny exchanges between Odo, Quark, and Garak.

Oh and "Our Man Bashir". I re-watch that just for the Garak lines. :D

"The Magnificient Ferengi" and "Little Green Men" too, for the light-hearted Ferengi-ness.

13. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Those kids were soooo arrogant! :eek: But it was memorable and re-watchable for me too.

14. eskyliz

eskyliz Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

"Melora" Actually, I don't enjoy the whole episode as much as I do one line from Bashir; "Oooo. Red alert." He says it when talking to Melora about how she's too defensive all the time but just the way he said it was perfect. I actually couldn't stop saying it to everyone for days and people had no idea what I was talking about. I'll watch that episode just to get to that line. :lol:

15. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Badda-Bing Badda-Bang". In fact I just finished re-watching it. Pure fun from start to finish!

16. JediKnightButler

JediKnightButler Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Too bad that we never got any follow up regarding that advanced behemoth Dominion battleship. It would've also been kind of interesting if they thought that they had destroyed Sisko's Defiant.

17. JediKnightButler

JediKnightButler Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought that it was a fun little outing. Almost like a Star Trek version of "Oceans 11".

18. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

Absolutely, and so well placed just before the epic final chapter. One final fun fling before the long hard slog to Cardassia.

19. Statja Q'bel

Statja Q'bel Ensign Red Shirt

I loved the Trials & Tribble-ations episode. I always get a kick out of references to other shows, I guess.

My other favorites are The Magnificent Ferengi. It makes me think of Reservoir Dogs and other Tarantino films. I laugh every time I see that Vorta walking into the wall.

I also love Little Green Men, especially when they are trying to communicate with Quark.