"The Cage" - deleted dialogue

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by BoredShipCapt'n, Apr 5, 2012.

1. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Kamdan

Kamdan Commander Red Shirt

I wonder if that original black and white 16mm version of the pilot included the deleted scenes as well.

3. BoredShipCapt'n

No, the deleted scenes were still deleted. The black and white print was of the final cut, so those two extra lines are the only dialogue that doesn't appear in either of the reconstructions.

(As the notes to the video indicate, an additional sentence from Pike was somehow left out of the all-color reconstruction although it was still present in the part-color reconstruction and indeed in "The Menagerie" itself.)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  4. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I swear I've heard the "Do you want to gamble we won't?" line in a some version before, probably the VHS.

5. BoredShipCapt'n

That could be possible. I'm not sure I still have my VHS copy, but maybe my brother does... It's not in the DVD transfer of that version, though, is it?

6. Sci Fi Guy

Sci Fi Guy Guest

I'm unsure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I saw "Cage" and was wondering if anyone is interested in picking up one or more Captain Pike 12" Command Collection Figures brand new in the box. I came across about a dozen and wanted to sell one or all for ridiculously low prices. Open to offers... You can email me at jmrock921@gmail.com
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place ... this forum is a bit overwhelming for a newcomer. I'll have more time to navigate later tonight... Thanks, J.

7. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

No sales permitted here, sorry. Too much potential for problems.

8. harrybwch

harrybwch Guest

[effing spammers. Die!]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012