I.S.S. Titan & I.S.S. Ares

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Titan Designer, Oct 19, 2005.

1. ThomastheCat

ThomastheCat Captain Captain

Great work! I love the "what-if" mirror scenario you've got going here, and the uniforms for Riker and Troi are great. Now I want to see you do a comic using this story line. :p

But seriously, to answer your question, I like the eyepatch better. It's a nice homage to the certain sillyness that the mirror characters have to them.

2. foravalon

foravalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I definitely have to say I agree re: the Borg eye, having the Borg in the MU is a whole can of worms that is very difficult to reconcile. Their origin in the "real" universe, in regards to the Alpha quad anyway, is essentially due to Q. Now if Q cared to dally about in the MU considering his origin I doubt the Terran Empire humans would have survived the "dangerous, savage child-race" trial. But blah blah blah geek geek geek, I digress.

The regular eye patch looks a lot better than the implant. But may I suggest that if Will is destined to be a Cyclops you might go a route that's more fearsome and deliberate appearing, like a big scar cutting through a clouded eye. The patch seems a bit anachronistic and almost a sign of weakness emphasizing a disability, whereas something more vicious and on display would serve as far more unnerving warning to anyone choosing to mess with the captain of the I.S.S. Titan.

3. AlexR

AlexR Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Count another vote for the eyepatch.

I have trouble believing that Mirror Universe Terrans would accept being "modified" like that with Borg pieces.

And the eyepatch just looks suitably cool. ;)

Best,
    Alex

4. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a mean-looking aft view. Kind of reminds me of the Legion of Doom from the Superfriends cartoon. Fitting, really.

B.J.

6. Titan Designer

She's ment to scare the crap out of rebels that defy the empire, I'm glad
    you like her.

7. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Glad to see the contiunation of your designs. On the subject of MU Riker, I would say go with the Borg implant too but I also think you should go with the eye patch but maybe have an cybernetic eye with it. I don't know if you ever read DC's TNG comic on an alternate universe devestrated by the Borg, but the alternate Riker had an eye patch on his left eye with an cybernetic eye I believe that was. I'm sure someone besides me knows about it.
    Are you going to be doing more of the MU Titan crew, such as those on the regular Titan ?

8. Titan Designer

It was the Worst of Both Worlds I believe. Those are one of the few TNG Comics that I bought.

I plan on creating a few more MU characters (Tuvok, Geordi). I am having
    Geordi be the I.S.S. Titans First officer. Vale head of Security. Jaza (I think thats his name will be a Bajoran rebel).

I don't know how fast I will turn them out, but who knows.

Sean :borg:

9. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice. I can't wait to see them all done and all.

10. Titan Designer

11. Mitchell

Mitchell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beautiful. :thumbsup:

So this ship is twice the size of the Soverign class,,,,, Guess that would make it like a Dreadnought,,, cause I always thought of the Ent-E as a Battleship,,, ;) A highly manuverable Battleship that is.

Ok Back on topic,,, So hom many torp. Launchers dos that beast have anyway?? An what do Ya reckon the Top speed is?,,,, In my limited knowledge of Trek Tech,, the Really big ships seem to be limited in their top speed,, Like the Dominion, Romulan, an the Kazon to,,,, ;) Borg beinin the exception ofcourse cause they cheat. :p

Any Whos Id Imagine the I.S.S. Ares was built more for base assults an planetary seige type missions,,, an would need other ships to defend it in ship to ship type of combat because of its massive size,, an lack in manuverablity.

;) Ignore me if Ya want im just ramblin along here. :)

12. Titan Designer

She has 18 Torpedo Launchers, 7 phaser strips various sizes, 1 Mega Phase Cannon ala Ent-D in All Good Things.

I consider her a Carrier Class Dreadnought.
    There are 3 Warp Fighters, about 8-10 attack shuttles, and about 20 SnubFighters that launch from the two portals above the deflector in front and the lower shuttle bay as well as the third launch portal on the back side of the ship.

I haven't figured her top Warp speed yet. She has a support fleet like that of the
    US Navy Carriers have. She is designed to be like a Star Destroyer. Pure Intimidation factored into her design. :devil:

13. Titan Designer

For everyone that wanted to see Evile Riker and Troi together here is a new wallpaper.

Enjoy:devil:

[​IMG]

14. Mitchell

Mitchell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beautiful :thumbsup:

But :guffaw: The MU Starfleet must actualy require their officers to keep in shape,,, Unlike the RU Starfleet. :guffaw:

15. Titan Designer

Yep you would have to stay in shape, with all of the attempts on ones life to advance. I believe that is how Riker got the Titan. The I.S.S. Ent-D must have
    been desroyed in some mishape and Riker Killed Picard for his incompitance.

16. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

OMG!!! *Thud* It's delicious! :drool:

17. Titan Designer

Thnaks, I'm Glad that you like it.

18. Titan Designer

Okay, I have been working on the Male Duty Uniforms for my Dark Mirror Universe. I need a little help deciding which way to go, so I am posting
    my three ideas that I have so far. Let me know which way I should go.

Also I decided to go towards the Wrath of Khan style phasers for this universe.

Here are the choices for uniforms so far. Note these a re the command uniforms. I will make the crew uniforms similar but without the sash.

[​IMG]

19. bigguy

bigguy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd go with the first one. It looks more like a 'duty' uniform to me. I know the MU is more flashy and stuff, but the other two look too much like Dress Uniforms and the first one just looks more practical. And for some reason, the open front of the other two just looks kind of ridiculous next to the other one, which looks more militarisitc and intimidating.

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'd go with the first one too. Very cool BTW,