Agents of SHIELD - Season 2 Discussion Threads. (Spoilers Likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, this is good.

Original S.H.I.E.L.D. is recruiting new members by faking the deaths of new S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Anyone else get the feeling that the place Mac took Hunter was a helicarrier? Narrow metal corridors, no concrete in sight, pipes everywhere...so probably not a bunker.

Sure the three Insight carriers are toast, but the one from Avengers was still flying (if a little beat up) the last time we saw it. I think if Hydra got it's hands on it we should have heard about it by now, so maybe this new faction made a grab for some of the big toys while Hydra were busy grabbing all the little ones.

I suppose there's an outside possibility that SHIELD always had it's own shadow organization that even Fury didn't know about...seems unlikely though so these guys are probably new but for some reason didn't come when Coulson went looking for recruits. Perhaps this may be the reason why he found so few loyal operatives. Most of those that weren't Hydra or dead had already been scooped up.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I wonder if this other SHIELD is going to play a big part in the Captain America Civil War story in 2016? At first before we were told that he works for the "real" Shield, I expected the reveal to be...

S.W.O.R.D

4. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wonder if the "Real" SHIELD has anything to do with Hickman's SHIELD book that had archaic origins and members that existed centuries ago (Galileo examining a Celestial, for instance).

With the team investigating lost cities and ancient alien visitations, the groundwork has been laid for a SHIELD organization with roots going back further than the end of WWII.

5. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I don't think it's STRIKE because Crossbones was part of that in CATWS.

Could Fury have been using Coulson as a decoy all along?

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay so Mockingbird and Mack are working for another SHIELD faction. Please tell me they have a good explanation for these guys don't just sit down with Coulson and figure out who runs SHIELD instead of this whole infiltration/distrust/conflict thing.

Also where the hell have these guys been while HYDRA was running around causing mayhem?

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Not too mention that HYDRA got their claws into Shield early on so what makes this other Shield so secure?

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

When Coulson spoke on the phone to an "Agent Broyles," I was hoping it was a stealth Fringe crossover, but then we saw him address some nondescript white guy working at the mental hospital by that name, so no such luck.

I wonder what Skye and May's plan was, how they intended the confrontation to play out if Eyeless Guy hadn't shown up and spirited Cal away (leaving neither Hyde nor hair behind).

9. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Know what needs to happen? Ty Burrell needs to come on the show and be Skye's new therapist.

10. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I second this. :)

Expose him to gamma rays and give him green hair, while he's there.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would be up for that.
    Hmm, so I wonder if Gordon was taking Cal to see Black Bolt and Medusa?
    I am curious if we're going to get to see any comics Inhumans on AoS before the movie comes out. Very curious to see what exactly is going to happen with him and the Inhumans. So in the comics, is Inhumans their real name or just something that people call them? I was wondering if should expect to eventually see them actually called that on the show.
    Hmm, so I wonder what exactly the "real" S.H.I.E.L.D. is? It'll definitely be interesting to see how all of this plays out. Coulson's reaction should be interesting. I'm thinking since Mack and Bobbi were trying to steal Fury's toolbox, they must not have been involved with him.
    I noticed in a lot of the pictures of the comics version of Daisy/Skye she's wearing either metal or stone gloves, is that because of what happened in tonight's episode? Should we expect AoS Skye to get something similar?

12. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

The "real" SHIELD's emblem seen in the teaser for next week reminded me of a modernized SSR logo, but then again I only saw it for a split second.

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

OK episode.

Two theories about "The Real Shield".

One, it could be Hawkeye's team. Setting up this fallback unit could explain his absence in CA:TWS and he believes Coulson is dead so sending in operatives to catch who he believes to be an impostor makes sense.

Two, it could just be EJO's team but with Spiderman appearing in CA:CW, what's the chances of EJO being Norman Osborn? He did run Shield for a bit.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Except Hawkeye's team is... The Avengers. And Cap and Widow know that Fury's alive.

One: Olmos was announced back in January, before the Spidey deal with Sony was made. At the time they were writing his episodes, I doubt they knew they'd have access to Spider-Man characters. Two: We already know his character's name is Robert Gonzales.

15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I wonder if perhaps The Real SHIELD was a secret counter-conspiracy that was aware of the HYDRA infiltration but keeping it close to the chest because that conspiracy ran high and deep.

If that's what it is, Hand could have been a member...she seemed ready to roll when HYDRA was outed.

Interesting that they're using Olmos in what seems like it might be the Cain role of a Pegasus-style storyline.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Obvious answer: the "real" SHIELD is the official US military sponsored team created by Talbot. Because to be "real" you'd have to have your government's backing.

17. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

I was actually thinking that myself since there are now stars in the logo.

18. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think EJO's SHIELD is just like Coulson's, but without Fury's aid. In the aftermath of CA:TWS, Olmos gathered loyal agents together, much like Coulson did. I think if Talbot had started his own SHIELD, he wouldn't have been denouncing all of SHIELD as terrorists.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I don't see EJO taking orders from Talbot...too big of a gravitas mismatch.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Three Stars. One big, and two small.

That denotes perhaps a senior partner and 2 junior partners?

Major Talbolt, might be able to engineer S.H.I.E.L.D. by tricking more powerful institutions into bankrolling him, who will only give Glenn the sort of rules that he is interested in following.

But how long will that perfect balancing act last until Talbot has no power any more and he has just become another cog working for people with 15 digit bank accounts?